bullet making

TheFishBox

not sure if this is the right place to post this but does anyone here make their own bullets?

I know someone that has a bullet press and was wondering if anyone has tried making some high bc bonded bullets. Isn't that what the old wildcatt bullets were?

So is anyone doing this or is the cost not worth the gain. I know that you have to have custom dies made but once you did that and had access to a press would it be worth it?

UNLESS YOU HAVE A WAY TO MAKE YOUR OWN JACKETS. The part time bullet maker is in a world of hurt. The jacket makers, Hornady, J4-Bergers, Sierra are using them for making their own bullets. Not sure about Corbin Jackets. The Major Bullet manufactures can't make bullets fast enough to get ahead and still have extra jackets to sell. J4-Berger has discontinued some models of bullets so they can concentrate on the bigger sellers. Randy

UNLESS YOU HAVE A WAY TO MAKE YOUR OWN JACKETS. The part time bullet maker is in a world of hurt. The jacket makers, Hornady, J4-Bergers, Sierra are using them for making their own bullets. Not sure about Corbin Jackets. The Major Bullet manufactures can't make bullets fast enough to get ahead and still have extra jackets to sell. J4-Berger has discontinued some models of bullets so they can concentrate on the bigger sellers. Randy

Lots of guys making jackets out of brass= 22LR cases made into .224 jackets, 30 carbine brass into .338 jackets and so on. Lots of info available for the perspective swager Swaging

Rob

Im pretty sure you can swag your own jackets from copper strip, and i believe corbin makes the required tools. However if you want to make high bc bullets i think you might have to make your own dies.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.