Bull taken with 7mm dakota from Len

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by dougrosa, Nov 8, 2010.

1. dougrosa

dougrosa Member

I took this great bull this year with my 7mm Dakota that I purchased from Len in may. I first saw him at 630 yds and felt very comfortable with that distance. My guide talked me into getting closer. The shot was taken at 404 yds.
    I have spent a ggod amount of time with load development and practicing with the rifle from 600 to 900 yds. I feel very comfortable up to 700 yds and have center punched rocks at 900 yds when the wind is right.
    Confedence in my rifle and practice made this a very great year.
    I would like to thank Len and all of you for the tips and tricks to becoming a good long range hunter.
    Doug Rosa
    [​IMG]

2. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Wow. What a great bull! Good job.

3. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

That is a stud! Love those brow tines and the swords! Way to go!!!

4. snowpro440

snowpro440 Well-Known Member

Thats a really big bull ! What part of the country did you shoot him in ? What did he weigh ? Need more details on that one...

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Dang guides! I bet you would have laced him at 602 for sure. Freeking huge bull man awsome.

6. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Congrats, nice buck!!!
    Good thing that you shot him at a very safe distance for you. You made it and it is tagged and in your freezer now. But as ICANHITHIMMAN wrote, I am sure with all your practice and skill you would have taken it successfully at 630.
    That is OK though, for next time you will practice more and be more sure of that shot and that distance.
    Thanks for sharing.

7. dougrosa

dougrosa Member

He was taken North of Parachute Colorado on private land. He weighed 420 as delivered to the processor skinned no head. Gross score 362 assuming his 1st and second on the left were not broke off from fighting. 324 as is. Taxidermist said he can fix the 1st and second but I want to leave him as shot (shows he was fighter).

8. gunaddict

gunaddict Well-Known Member

Awesome bull. Congrats.