Bull Elk Tag?

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by C.E.G2860, Mar 31, 2009.

1. C.E.G2860

C.E.G2860 Well-Known Member

Can you buy a Bull Elk tag over the counter in the Co. second season in unit 23?

2. The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy Active Member

No. Only archery is available over the counter.

3. dogdinger

dogdinger Writers Guild

i just checked the regs and it looks to me like you can buy OTC tags for the 2nd combined season....oct 17- 25...not so for deer. deer tags are all drawing only. AJ

4. C.E.G2860

Thanks alot for the replies!

I called out to Meeker and found out that you can buy OTC tags for bulls too. I didn't check on the deer. But the way it looks you can buy a Elk/Deer combo tag and get a cow elk and a deer too. I just don't know if you can get the bull tag if you have the elk/deer combo tag.
    I'll have to call out to see if you can.

5. dogdinger

dogdinger Writers Guild

you must go thru the drawing process for deer and cow elk, unless there are landowner vouchers available. AJ

6. C.E.G2860

It said in the regs. that you can buy a Elk/Deer combo OTC for Oct. 17-25 Cow only. But for Deer only, you might be right. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out for sure. I would like to get a tag for a Deer, Bull Elk, and a Bear. The guys going to the first season are going to let me know where they killed out, There might be a good chance for a bear around their kill spots.

7. dogdinger

dogdinger Writers Guild

there are no combo tags. you can buy bull elk OTC. cow elk and deer are all drawing. OTC bear lic are for sale until quota is filled...first come first served. you can hunt in same area and season as your elk lic. AJ

here's a link to co dow:

Colorado Division of Wildlife - Colorado Division of Wildlife