Built my Form 1 Suppressors. 30 cal & 22 cal

Oh yes. Sorry I didn't mean that in a condescending way. Butterbean is a great guy and has helped me many times before in the past. I meant only that I got the impression that he thought I was wrong. Nothing more. And yes the ATF is VERY confusing. Especially with things like this where they have ( and I quote the ATF here) "reinterpreted the law". That is actually how they put it.

Yep! Like the time last year they "reinterpreted" the law to mean that by me having an AR pistol with a brace (that they originally said was kosher) I was now a felon for having constructed an illegal SBR? 😅🤬

At least they "let" me file for a "free" SBR stamp (which just got approved, I was actually pretty surprised). "Thanks", ATF. Almost can't handle the level of freedom I have here 😅

Those look great and I made mine as well……. From readily available parts online that look just like yours...
X2 right down to the EXACT FURLED CAPS you made...great attention to detail....complete system for 49.00 for the 10" and since you lost count on how many Cones you Made...they come with 9 and the SPACER....

Yup!!! Caught I'd say! Except for the paint he built... or applied during the build!
You clearly didn't read the part where I said I basically copied some solvent traps. Like literally took measurements and duplicated. I mean I didn't see any reason to get all fancy and totally customize one when simple works just as well.

You clearly didn't read the part where I said I basically copied some solvent traps. Like literally took measurements and duplicated. I mean I didn't see any reason to get all fancy and totally customize one when simple works just as well.
Basically? Lol.... including the exact placement of the indents in both caps...as I said.... awesome attention to detail bud! Well done. It's your story....tell it anyway you want!

Yup!!! Caught I'd say! Except for the paint he built... or applied during the build!
And no, mine has 11 cups. I did make some changes. It's mostly going to be used on a 22-250 with full power loads for coyotes and I wanted it as quiet as could be so I did 1/2" rings on the cups instead so I could squeeze another cup or two in over the mother specimen. Each end cap has 1/4" of knurling and 1/2" of threads in the tube so 3/4" per cap, 2 caps that's 1.5". The spacer was real close to 3" so the caps and the spacer roughly 4.5" of the 10" and that left me with 11 cups with 1/2" rings. Thanks for making me stop what I was doing to do the math. Now I know how many cups I have.

And it works quite well. We switched it on and off with my buddies store bought suppressors and we can't tell any difference at all by ear between mine and his. Mines just longer and heavier. I doubt the phone decibel readers are any count but when we used one with his and my suppressor it showed mine to be slightly quieter than his. Whether that's accurate or not who knows. I'm pleased with it regardless. It does what I wanted it to. Cheers.

Last edited:
Basically? Lol.... including the exact placement of the indents in both caps...as I said.... awesome attention to detail bud! Well done. It's your story....tell it anyway you want!
Exact placement of the indents? Do they line up? Holy crap I'll have to look. That is totally coincidence if so but pretty cool.

Edit: dang man. You fooled me. I had to go look. I thought the indents lined up. They are close but not exact. But I never planned them to line up. As long as they functioned their task.