Building a tactical rifle

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Ceejack2, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ceejack2

Ceejack2 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about having a rifle built by Nor-Cal Precision. Have any of you had one built by them or have any suggestions. Thanx.

2. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Check on the California restrictions on building a magazine rifle; last time I checked, he could not do it but VERIFY. He does good work. Overbore

3. Ceejack2

Thanx Overbore I'll check it out cause that would put a damper on everything.

4. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Any particular reason your using Nor-Cal ?

5. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

What are you looking to build and what, caliber, action, barrel, stock, trigger, base and rings, and scope are you going to use. If your going to build a tactical rifle, you should take a serious look at Kirby Allen. I am going to have him build my next rifle.

Wildcat

6. Ceejack2

No particular reason for Nor-Cal except for the tactical vent & they seemed reasonable but thats why I asking you guys cause I don't know. I have a PSS in 300RUM, I want to put it in an A-5 Mc Millian stock with a DM, Oversize bolt & of course action trued & blue printed. Right now I have a 4-16 Burris Black Diamond on it but I would like a Nightforce with Badger rings & base. Jewell trigger.

7. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I am building my 6x284 on an A-5 stock. It is an awesome stock, you will love it. Good luck with your project, let us know how it goes.

Wildcat

8. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Ceejack

you have a couple very good smiths right here in VA. Clay Spencer in scotsville, and John Myer, Custom Gunsmithing in Boyce. I would recommend you talk with Vernon Harrison at Central Virginia Tactical, He has tactical shooting school in Louisa.

BH

9. Northman

Northman Well-Known Member

GA Precision. One of the best in the busniss!!

Fast turn around time as well..

10. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Ceejack: My apologies as I had a brain fart: I got mixed up with Nor-Cal Precision aka Jerry Rice, Gunsmith. He does excellent work and did have a repearter restriction, since lifted. GA Precision built a first rate REmmy Tac for me Overbore

11. Ceejack2

Thanx BountyHunter, Vernon sounds like a real straight shooter(no pun intended). He gave me some very good info so I think I'll be taking his advise as well as some of his classes. Thanx to you also OverBore for the correction & I'm looking into GA Precision also. Thanx again.