building a heavy 338-bedding a barrel bedding block

This weapon will weigh what it weighs. The barrel itself is 13 pounds. The weapon when completed will be used for informal target practice on our 800 yard range, the potential competition at Whittington which reaches 2,200 yards, and I also will be using it for really long distance hunting from the prone or off my sturdy tripod, for early morning and late evening hunting. We will be getting it into position using a custom "biathalon" dual shoulder system, heavily padded, that I will design and fabricate. Before retirement I used to create custom braces for my patients.
WW
I would like to see a pic of you in that shoulder harness...Please.....

I have not built it yet, but have received an OLympic shoulder harness to use as a prototype. I have the leather and padding necessary to create it and look forward to the challenge since it is now 14 years since I saw my last patient and retired to the Rockies here in northern New Mexico.

WW

Following with interest, but I fail to grasp the objective.
Using telephone poles for target rifles, or varmint/P-Dogs due to their mass is common practice, and heavy rifles for stability in PRS type competitions- but I don't see the point in a 25 lb hunting rifle that will typically see no more than 2 or 3 shots in succession. Is this primarily a dedicated target stick that's going to double for hunting just to avoid building another rifle- or is there something I'm missing?

Recent Posts