Building a 7mm STW? need help

huntokanogan

I am looking for a 7mm STW rifle. They are not easy to find unless you want a $2000.00 (and up) custom rifle. I have seen a few in Savage rifles which i guess were made by savage for a couple of years.
My question is this: How hard would it be to make one out of say...a 7mm rem. mag? or would another cartridge be a better starting point? (7mm WBY, 300 mag, 375 ?)
It would seem to me that I would'nt have to re-barrel the gun if I started with a 7mm mag..but admittedly I am a newby at this. Has anyone built one before?
Realisticly, what would it cost me beyond the price of the rifle?
Any help I could get on this subject would be great.

You can rechamber the 7mm Remington Magnum to 7 STW. I would recommend a 26 in barrel to do this with. Still needs to be done by a good gunsmith.

i just got my 7mm stw last year build and got 4200 in bare gun broughton barrel, bat action , manner stock , williams bottem metal , bat scope rings , jewell tigger . think you could build one alot cheaper buy useing savage action or stiller action and a more basic stock

Buy a Remington Sendero in 7 RM and have a good smith true up the action and rechamber it. You will need a Wyatt magbox for the longer VLD bullets,( it is worth it).
You will have around $1500 in a great rifle.

I just got my used Sendero in the mail today in 7mm STW, one of the the original Senderos, suppose to shoot great.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.