Build a 375/416 Barrett?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by slwatson, Feb 1, 2010.

1. slwatson

slwatson Member

I tried doing a search and couldn't find much info on this cartridge. Has anybody experimented much with it? I was thinking about putting a new barrel on an EDM Windrunner and seeing what kind of speeds I could get from it. Maybe 3400 fps with a 350 SMK. I'm sure it would be a barrel burner but what a fun way to burn a barrel. Are 350 SMK bullets hard to come by? Can you only buy them through Cheytac? I'd imagine this thing would be supersonic past 3000 yards.

2. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

Grafs had some 350 SMK's, but lathe turned bullets are the way to for that class of cartridge!

3. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Working on it, I am thinking it would push the 350SMK over 3500 if it were improved. JUst sent payment off for my donor gun today.

4. Kiwi Nate

Kiwi Nate Well-Known Member

It would be nice if Berger would produce a VLD for the .375 and if Hornady produced an Amax. I haven't been able to find a soft bullet with a high BC for my .375 RUM for shooting game at long ranges- not that I need to be using the .375 in this way, I just thought it would be interesting.