Buckeye Target Cam

eddybo

I have read a couple of threads on other sites regarding target cameras for long shots and most agree that it is pretty hard to set this up wirelessly. I was taking a look at the Buckeye Cam and it may work. The receiver base which hooks to your computer is supposed to be able to trigger the camera and receive the picture within 17 seconds, and is supposed to work out to a mile and one half. That could save a lot of driving time to and from the target. Has anyone tried one of the buckeye cams for this purpose?

Last edited:
eddybo,

I've been researching this idea for a couple of years. I drive a bunch for the price of that camera.:(

Google on security cameras and wireless. It can be done a lot less expensively+ its real time with nothing to down load and no computer involved. Just a little monitor and receiver.

The tough part is getting great distances i.e., beyond a couple of hundred yards.

A lot of people are trying a lot of things but nothing, so far, meets the needs of the LR shooter in a convenient way.

Go here: Wireless outdoor security camera for long range transmission

Last edited:
Roy,
Thats my understanding of the situation, range is the limiting factor. This would solve that problem but would be a little slower 17 seconds. The problem is usually compounded by a lack of AC power at the target.
Right now I dont need it for my range because I can drive around on the public road.
I am trying to trade some land that I bought for the piece of property that adjoins me at the end of my range. If that comes to pass I am going to extend my range/deer plot to at least one mile. If I do that it is going to be a lot harder to drive to the target and will include crossing a fair sized creek. I am hopeful that the buckeye cam will work if I get the land swap done. Hopefully some one has tried one for this purpose so I can see how it works before I plunk down the cash.
Thanks for the link I will check it out. If I find any better solutions I will pass them along.

Okay I couldnt wait. I checked out that link......thats what I am needing or at least more like what I envision that I need. Thanks

camera

Maybe you fellas are barking up the wrong tree with this camera idea.
Heck, most women just love to sit and talk on the phone. Just get the wife out there at the target, off to the side a little bit of course. There, when you shoot she'll give ya a call and tell ya where you're hitting. Of course if she gets bored between shots and gives her girl friend a call........
Better go to plan B
Roy, ya still got that dog. He can't be so dumb that he can't be taught a simple range procedure. One bark = a hit. Two barks = a miss.
And NO, the dog himself no matter how tempting is not to be used as a target.
There, problem solved and ya get to spend some quality time with rover!!
Any thing else ya need a hand with don't hesitate to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts