buck vs. coyotes

Guy M

deeryote.jpg

Not my photo - borrowed from another thread. What a great photo! Apparently the 'yotes were trying to take on a mature mulie - but went away hungry.

Wow - wish I'd seen it. I do my best to take a few 'yotes every winter - just to help out "my" mule deer herd...

Regards, Guy

That is an awesome photo. Nature at it's purest. Certainly magizine worthy. I agree I wish I'd been there to see it.

I have to admit, as cool as it would be to see that, It would be even cooler to deflate the chest of one of them. 300rum might work.

screech,

I must admit, deflatting the lungs on those coyotes would be fun. But then again busting their mellons would be fun also.

Mike

From the title I thought you had the dilemma I had yesterday, finish stalking a bukc I MIGHT get a shot at or ventilating a coyote for sure... :D

I let the coyote go and stalked the buck. It was the right decision as I got him and 2 does out of the stalk.

I'll go back this winter and waste some coyotes, I see them every time out there.

A few seasons ago, two coyotes were chasing a whitetail where I was bowhunting. The buck turned around, scooped up the closest coyote with his rack and flung it over his back, then turned on the other one and pinned him into the ground for a few seconds..... the dogs decided to head on, pretty neat to watch.

In the early 90's i came across 6 yotes that had chased a wt doe into some open water and were all laying around on the ice waiting for her to climb out.
i watched them for a few minutes, and when the doe would get close to the edge a yote would run at her and she would head to the other side and the process would start over again at which point i thumped one with the .25 Gibbs, well there was yotes scratchin away trying to get traction on the bare ice and i thumped 2 more before they made it to safety. It took the doe about 20 minutes before she decided to climb out of the river, she shook herself off and bounded into the timber. I was pulling some rope out of my pack and noticed some movement on the river bank it was a yote that had come back to see if the doe or his buddys were still there, so i ventalated him to. It is one of the most memorable days i have of coyote hunting thanks to the doe. I wish i would have had a camera to take before and after pics.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.