BUCK and COYOTE

sniperjwt

Well i took my annual trip to my parents farm during the middle two weeks in November and although i have had a lot of success before there i will have to say that this year has been the most successful.

Well i sat in the stand for a week and seen lots of deer and a couple nice bucks but nothing i was wanting to shoot yet until this guy walked out. He was only 160 yards so it was a chip shot and he dropped in his tracks. He was walking across a powerline behind 2 doe and would not stop to give me a shot. I finally got him to stop right before he went into the woods by grunting very loud at him. He stopped and looked my direction which was his last mistake. I used a Remington 700 7mm Mag loaded with 168g Sierra Matchkings going 2850fps. Bullet performance was just what i expect. Everything inside of him was mush.

As for the Coyote well for some of you guys out west its no big deal to shoot one but anyone that lives/hunts on the east cost knows that they are very hard to see much less kill. So i was very happy and proud of this big yote. The biggest one anyone around here had ever seen. I was sitting in my stand when nature called and i had no choice but to answer. Thankfully there was some TP in the stand ( very large stand kind of like a box stand). When i returned i was sitting there when my neighbor called me and was telling me about his dad shooting a coyote the night before but they could not find it when out walked this coyote in front of me at 60 yards. I told him to hold on and put down the phone and grabbed the gun and shot him. Bullet blew most of his guts out the back side it went in just behind the sholder.

Nov080.jpg

Nov086.jpg

this is the entrance wound. There was no exit
Nov089.jpg

Nov247.jpg

Nov244.jpg

Nov245.jpg

Congrats, beautiful buck! Not a bad coyote what so ever. I just picked up a varmint rig for myself and cant wait to get out and start nailing them here in the cold Canadian winters. Cold winters bring BIG YOTES

Nice buck, congrats!!!
Good looking yote also.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Whats the deal with the meat on the ground for the picture??? Just asking. I am very picky on how I deal with game meat. Is the off side still with the hide on?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.