Bubinga Baer

Joel Russo

This one is fresh out of the spray booth.....

Stiller Predator
Benchmark 11 tw Barrel 22"
Baer Billet Extended Mag Box
.308 Baer chambered by the Master
Zeiss
Rifle Basix
Vias

Standard grade African Bubinga.

I have a large inventory of highly figured Exotic hardwood, and will be making stocks with some select pieces.

IMG_14842.jpg

IMG_14822.jpg

Last edited:
You guys are too much.. :rolleyes:

AJ, the .308 Baer is a .300 Wby improved with a 35* shoulder and some body taper removed. A very efficient case design.

Joel, gotta give you credit. that is one sweet looking piece. those curved cheek pieces really feel nice. course i'm used to placing my head on top the receiver! i'm sure it shoots like a dog too! LOL

if it has an 11 twist, would we be shooting something like a 200 Accubond? just curious what bullet was targeted to be used with that thing.

i'm assuming Bubinga wood is a good choice for stocks?

if it has an 11 twist, would we be shooting something like a 200 Accubond? just curious what bullet was targeted to be used with that thing.

i'm assuming Bubinga wood is a good choice for stocks?

Dave,

This rifle was set up to be relatively light weight and medium range say out to 800 yds.
It weighs a shade over 8 lbs, and that's with a 3 lb Bubinga stock.

With the 22" barrel it's shooting the 180 Accubond at 3267 fps.

Accuracy so far has hung around .3" at 100 yards and 1.25" at 300 yards.
Not bad for the Accubond.

Bubinga is a West African dense hardwood, with a specific gravity of about .88.
It makes an excellent stock.
This particular piece is laminated, which makes it that much better. :)

Last edited:
can't say i have any guns that would be worthy of a Bubinga laminate. but if i did, what would an inletted, unfinished, A-5 cost a fellow?

OH! Be still my heart!!!! What a beautiful piece of wood!!!!

Now that's funny. If you like that plain old piece of Bubinga, wait until you see the one that I am making with highly figured, rare, Pomelle Waterfall Bubinga.

Dave,

Since I'm not a paid sponsor here, I don't think it's fair to talk about pricing.
Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.