Brux Break-in?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by srhaggerty, Apr 10, 2009.

1. srhaggerty

srhaggerty Well-Known Member

Does anyone know Brux's barrel break-in procedure?

2. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Why would it be any different then any other BBL maker? 10 shots clean bbl each shot . Then 20 shots a clean ever 3. By then you should see a difference in copper build up. Some BBLs are broke in in just a few shots.

3. srhaggerty

I don't know. I have a Brux barrel so I figured I would ask the question geared to a Brux barrell.

4. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I've broke in quite a few Brux barrels.

Shoot and clean after each shot for 3-5 bullets.

Shoot 5 and clean, once or twice.

No brushes needed, just a patch of bore tech eliminator down the bore every 15 minutes, about 7-8 patches do it the first couple shots 5-6 the later in the cycle. I always run a damp patch of Kroil thru the barrel after cleaning, not dripping and soaking just damp to leave a thin film in the bore.

That should brake in 95% of them for sure.

Some will be broke in after 3 shoot and cleans, at least that is my experience. The stuborn ones may be rough in the throat, that could be a reamer issue, that the smith should address.

The higher intensity chamberings seem to take a couple more shoot and cleans, as compared to the cartriges that drive less than 2900 fps.

My personal 260 build, was 1st shoot and clean, 2nd shoot and clean, next 5 into .315" off a bipod and rear bag. 2 patches and no copper in the bore.

5. srhaggerty

Thanks. This is in 7mm-300 WSM.