Brux Break-in?

Why would it be any different then any other BBL maker? 10 shots clean bbl each shot . Then 20 shots a clean ever 3. By then you should see a difference in copper build up. Some BBLs are broke in in just a few shots.

I've broke in quite a few Brux barrels.

Shoot and clean after each shot for 3-5 bullets.

Shoot 5 and clean, once or twice.

No brushes needed, just a patch of bore tech eliminator down the bore every 15 minutes, about 7-8 patches do it the first couple shots 5-6 the later in the cycle. I always run a damp patch of Kroil thru the barrel after cleaning, not dripping and soaking just damp to leave a thin film in the bore.

That should brake in 95% of them for sure.

Some will be broke in after 3 shoot and cleans, at least that is my experience. The stuborn ones may be rough in the throat, that could be a reamer issue, that the smith should address.

The higher intensity chamberings seem to take a couple more shoot and cleans, as compared to the cartriges that drive less than 2900 fps.

My personal 260 build, was 1st shoot and clean, 2nd shoot and clean, next 5 into .315" off a bipod and rear bag. 2 patches and no copper in the bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.