Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .223 ?

Zep

Thinking about purchasing a Browning Stainless Stalker in .223 and I would be most grateful for feedback and comments. Dependability, accuracy.

Rifle to be used for range practice, learning how to work up loads for rifle. Woodchucks out to 200 yards.

Thanks much.

The X Bolt is my favorite sporter weight rifle, I'd love to have one in 223 as my dedicated coyote calling gun. It'll work great for what you want it for.

I've owned two A-Bolts (predecessor to the X-Bolt). Both were shooters right out of the box. Lightweight with great feel. I would purchase another one without hesitation.

My Xbolt in 243 was very accurate out of the box. .2 - .5 MOA @100 yrds with Fed ammo. (80 & 100 gr) Did not know about break in proceedures when I bought it, but 1000 rounds later doesn't seemed to have mattered. Initally I shot 20 - 40 rounds, 3- 4 shot groups, let it get hot, let it cool, but didn't clean every 5 like they say, etc., until I had 120 rounds of brass. Still, it shoots 3 shot groups under 1" @ 300 yrds with handloads when I do my part. I LOVE this gun!
.223 will have almost no recoil, so perfect for your intentions.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts