Browning booger

Leaf Litter: IMO the 700 action would have died many years ago if not for all the after market support it was set up with from early years.

I just checked my Xbolt and it has the same thing. I had never really noticed it before, but I still love the rifle. I don't have any tangible reason for it to be my favorite rifle, but I 100% prefer the Browning to my Tikkas, Savages, Rugers, Winchester and ESPECIALLY Remington. The 700 platform is garbage, IMO.
Even browning stuff like the Tbolt over the Tikka T1X or Savage MKII 22 long rifles?

Leaf Litter: IMO the 700 action would have died many years ago if not for all the after market support it was set up with from early years.
the last 700 I bought was was the 50th anniversary 7mag. Action went one direction and the barrel went another. So bad that my scope didnt have enough left adjustment in it to zero lol. The screw holes for the base were perfectly straight on the action the gunsmith said... I never tried the irons.
Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 2.11.41 PM.png

Even browning stuff like the Tbolt over the Tikka T1X or Savage MKII 22 long rifles?
Sorry for ambiguity, I was referring specifically to my Xbolt. It just feels like a better gun for the money and features than anything else I've owned. Tikka T3X is a great rifle, but it costs a LOT to get it to where my Xbolt is when it comes to features.

I can't speak for every gun made by each of the manufacturers listed

the last 700 I bought was was the 50th anniversary 7mag. Action went one direction and the barrel went another. So bad that my scope didnt have enough left adjustment in it to zero lol. The screw holes for the base were perfectly straight on the action the gunsmith said... I never tried the irons.
View attachment 517617
I tried to mount a scope on an older Savage 110 2 months ago that had the same issue with the scope mounting interphase. The scope lacked enough adjustment to even get it onto the 4 foot target I was using. But to be truthful Savage tends to build an accurate rifle these days.
The only original parts left of my 700 308 Varmint I bought 14 years ago are the action, bolt, and barrel. The barrel will be replaced soon. I bought it new in box and cheap. The x mark trigger and Tupperware stock went straight in the trash. I replaced the firing pin, spring, and bolt shroud with Gre-tan parts.. Replaced bottom metal and magazine with a Wyatt's. The original never fed right. Had to lap the bolt lugs as one side was barely making contact. Replaced the trigger with a Geisslee Super 700, and the stock with a B and C with bedding block and bedded it with Devcon. The plus side is with the aftermarket support they are easy to build on and parts are available. The downside is their Quality Control took a huge nose dive years ago. Who knows how their quality will be going forward.
My favorite personal out of the box rifle I own is an 80s Winchester Model 70 Sporter in 270. The only thing I've ever done to it is lightened the trigger to 3 pounds. It has been a solid rifle.

I have a Browning A-Bolt Micor Medallion both my boys grew up shooting in 7mm-08 and I recently picked up a X-Bolt white gold medallion with maple stock and octagon stainless barrel...just because it was pretty and chambered in 6.5 PRC. Triggers on both sucked so I replaced their sear springs with after factory sear springs, then I found out two weeks later Timney just came out with after-market triggers. Might have to upgrade, but for now they both break pretty clean at about 2.85 Lbs. I zeroed the 6.5 just picked up off the shelf with Hornady 143 ELD-X factory ammo, then proceeded to try six other brands of factory ammo to save time on bullet selection for reloading. The second group I shot was 5 shots with these Winchester rounds loaded with 142 gr Nosler Accubond LR. I stopped after this and called it good. I have several VERY high-end expensive rifles, but none are way and above either of my off the shelf Brownings.

Attachments

• 6.5 PRC; 142 gr NABLR.jpg
    6.5 PRC; 142 gr NABLR.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 21
I have a Browning A-Bolt Micor Medallion both my boys grew up shooting in 7mm-08 and I recently picked up a X-Bolt white gold medallion with maple stock and octagon stainless barrel...just because it was pretty and chambered in 6.5 PRC. Triggers on both sucked so I replaced their sear springs with after factory sear springs, then I found out two weeks later Timney just came out with after-market triggers. Might have to upgrade, but for now they both break pretty clean at about 2.85 Lbs. I zeroed the 6.5 just picked up off the shelf with Hornady 143 ELD-X factory ammo, then proceeded to try six other brands of factory ammo to save time on bullet selection for reloading. The second group I shot was 5 shots with these Winchester rounds loaded with 142 gr Nosler Accubond LR. I stopped after this and called it good. I have several VERY high-end expensive rifles, but none are way and above either of my off the shelf Brownings.
The alignment, machining, finish, and overall build quality has always been very high on my japanese buckmark scatterguns, abolts, xbolts, and tbolts its just that the designs sometimes seem squirrely to me on their high-powered and rimfire stuff. Probably becuase I was stuck with a simple 700 7-08 as a kid and anything different seems a little off. Push to fire and bdl floorplate and unloading on safe. Never had issues with the bolt coming unlocked becuase my gun is usually in the case until im in the stand and not out walking around hunting. The browning safe bolt release button, tang safety and rotary magazines just seem overly complicated. I am a big fan of the complicated 8 screw scope bases, those are outstanding on the xbolt and rock solid. The tbolt is a rough one all around. I could barely even get thru a range session sighting it in with that thing. Not sure what the thought process was going from abolt to tbolt rimfire but it was a bad one. Bring back the abolt 22LR...

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 8.05.26 AM.png

I love how this thread seemed to start by bashing the x-bolt and has turned in more x-bolt love. I have two Miroku made over/unders my grandfather purchased at the factory when he was in the air force. A 12 and 28ga. Miroku makes fine firearms for Browning and I have never had a bad thing to say about Browning firearms.

Picked the booger out of my 6.8W and it cycles fired and unfired cartridges the same. Not sure why it was in there in the first place but I'm glad it's gone. Also, there's nothing to catch on the back of the bolt lugs when taking the bolt out so it's a lot smoother removing the bolt now

Picked the booger out of my 6.8W and it cycles fired and unfired cartridges the same. Not sure why it was in there in the first place but I'm glad it's gone. Also, there's nothing to catch on the back of the bolt lugs when taking the bolt out so it's a lot smoother removing the bolt now
I am sure Browning put it in there for a reason.
I don't doubt your word, but I personally wouldn't remove parts from a rifle because "we don't know what it is for".🥴

Yeah, probably wouldn't call it a problem unless you think it's an issue when the back of your bolt lugs hit it when you try to pull out your bolt for cleaning and such. To me it's more or less just doofy engineering to try to make it smooth like a Tikka.