Browning A5 for a Remington.375HH?

kc

I just got back from GanderMountain they have two A5 Brownings (Belgiuns)that are no way in the condition as mine and the cost for a Belgiun A5, is $1300. I am thinking twice about trading
my Shot Gun for the Remington .375HH. my dentest has..
These are used, dented,scratched..I know if a collector saw this Shot Gun he would Jump on it.
The chickering on mine is sharp and thers are worn to a blunt. My friend who works there showed me this CZ .270 in a wallnut stock. It is sweeeet! Dan said, if its in as good a condition as I say, He could get me a Loupold also, but I am a Remington/winchester/Springfield person.

PLEASE! sound off, I need your opinion.

Gander Mountains' suff is all at a premium. Why not check GunBroker or some of the other auction sites for the going prices? You might even find what you want at a bargin price. The bottoms' out of the market on many firearms these days. I have a little trouble putting the A-5 in collector statis, it would have to be in 98% condition or NIB. I know many put a premium on them. Total production was over 3 million, too many for collector statis for me. Nice shotguns, reliable, and they run forever, but, not collectors. A 'fine' to 'excellent' specimen in this part of the world will sell for $650 to $1000 tops. just my opinion.

Last edited:
I took the ShotGun in today, Steve went on the pc Blue Book and all they could give me was $315.. but he kept telling me how good the comdition it was and he apolized for the offer.
He even said my ShotGun is in way better condition than what they have on display.
Well I am back to square one. if I got the .375 HH, I could make a switch Barrel/Bolt rifle.
I can get another bolt and another Barrel with no problem.

Keith I had a all black remington (1 of 500) Dangerous game rifle in a 375 H&H. I paid right around $650 for it new. A friend was going back to africa and wouldn't use it unless he owned it so I sold it to him with strings attached.

A Browning 1980 A5 in perfect condition is about $700. I bought mine for $500. Not sure where they are getting there prices.

Why do you want a 375HH? Africa? Just because kinda like me. I would keep the shotgun. Even if the Remington is out of the custom shop it is still a remington. The Browning A5 isn't being made anymore and will just go up in value.

Brent

Last edited:
I hate the recoil..and its like owning a Weatherby, it has no scratches,dents and in exelent condition its a lite 12 model very few in this condition..
The son of my late dentest who has taken over the office of his father has a .375HH he would like to trade even up!
I just wont to get rid of this ShotGun period..When I shoot it, I get floaters in my eyes.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.