Browning A bolt Target rifle update.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by stokley1, Feb 24, 2013.

1. stokley1

stokley1 Well-Known Member

I have had time to shoot the rifle, and try different ammo. I found that the Federal premium gold medal match 168 grain is what the gun likes. At 100 yds i can hit the same hole with three shots. At 500 yds i was able to get a three shot group right at 4 inches. So still under MOA out to 500. I put about 100 rounds down range. Now that the gun is sighted in and i have learned to use my scope at different ranges i feel very pleased with the gun all around.

Its a Browning A bolt Target model in .308 I have a sightron SIII 6-24x50 with target turrets.

Just wanted to post so that anyone interested in Browning target rifles could have some real feedback. I love the rifle. If you decide to get one im sure you will too.

Attached Files:

2. rdsinger

rdsinger Member

I've always wanted one of those but had a hard time finding one. Is the set trigger pretty good on it?

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

You will want to pull out the factory trigger spring and replace it with a Rifle Basix 1.25 lb or Timney trigger spring, then take all the creep out of it.