Browning A bolt Target rifle update.

stokley1

I have had time to shoot the rifle, and try different ammo. I found that the Federal premium gold medal match 168 grain is what the gun likes. At 100 yds i can hit the same hole with three shots. At 500 yds i was able to get a three shot group right at 4 inches. So still under MOA out to 500. I put about 100 rounds down range. Now that the gun is sighted in and i have learned to use my scope at different ranges i feel very pleased with the gun all around.

Its a Browning A bolt Target model in .308 I have a sightron SIII 6-24x50 with target turrets.

Just wanted to post so that anyone interested in Browning target rifles could have some real feedback. I love the rifle. If you decide to get one im sure you will too.

Attachments

• ip5 026.jpg
    ip5 026.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 103
I've always wanted one of those but had a hard time finding one. Is the set trigger pretty good on it?

You will want to pull out the factory trigger spring and replace it with a Rifle Basix 1.25 lb or Timney trigger spring, then take all the creep out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.