Browning A-bolt Stock ??

StoneCold

Hope this is a good place to post this....

I just purchased a "NIB" unfired Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker in .338 win mag. It has a 26" barrel and the paper work in the box says the stock is made of carbon fiber and fiberglass/kevlar. I should note this rifle was from a "collector" and was never fired. I am not sure of the age of the rifle but the stock is not injection molded.

Did Browning use a special stock on their Stalkers for a time?? Is this stock a decent one?? I can tell you the rifle is LIGHT. I wonder what the turn around time from Fifty-Driver is on a brake.....

SC

i had a 300 win and the stock was made of the same materials. It flexed a lot for my taste. now it sits in one of the laminated A-5 stocks.The laminated stock only added 2 more pounds of weight( needed it)

d-a

I have seen a couple of pics of those stocks and they look great. How do I go about getting one to fit that action - or any other?? It has a factory sporter barrel now.

SC

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.