Browning A-Bolt 7 mag

speedmaster97

Worked up a new load for my Browning A-Bolt 7mag. I'm using Berger 168 gr. Classic hunter. 68grs. of H-1000 and Federal 215m primer. With new Remington brass trimmed at 2.5", with an OAL of 3.28". I had 3 shots that I could cover with nickel an pulled the fourth which opened the group about 3/4". Right now I'm pleased with it.

I have had two A-Bolt II 7mmRM's, and both shot well. The first one got stolen before I started reloading, but I still have the 2nd one, and it shot 1/2 MOA with handloads when it still had the factory barrel on it, before it burned-out (bought it used w/ unknown round-count).

I've had two for a long time and they've been great shooters...7mmrm and.338 wm. Both are the stainless synthetic version, I walked into a small gun shop many moons ago as it was closing business, asked what was left in left handed, only two, how much $300 apiece, sold!! The 7mm loves 140 Nosler partitions with H-4350 and will shoot them all day long around 1/2 inch at 100 yards. I really like the feel of the abolts...thin ! And the clip system is sweet..very nice rifles !!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.