Broughton Barrels

JustC

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with one of these barrels? What benefit is the chamfored rifling with respect to VLD bullets,...and would anyone recommend them above the other blanks by Hart, Lilja, Kreiger, Pacnor etc?

Thanks

Bringing this back up to top, building a .308 Lazzeroni Warbird 28"-30" inch tube. wondering about benefits of "5c" option.

I don't have first hand experience with this rifling but will soon.

To my understanding the 5c is about the same as Rock's 5r but differant names. People using Rock's barrel are getting speeds out of 24" barrels that regular 26" barrels get. Reports with the 5c and 5r are average gain of 75fps. Reports seem to be they clean up really easy.

I've shot 1000yd with Tim North, owner of Broughton Barrels the last couple years. He shoots what he sells and he shoots very well. I would suggest giving him a call, he can explain the 5c better than I can. His barrels are very high quality and priced right. DD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just had a 6.5-284 built with a 28" 7.75 contour Broughton 5-C. Tim North said if it doesn't shoot tiny little groups at the fault of the barrel he would replace it and give a second one to my smith. I don't need a replacement and I'm ordering a 30 cal 5-C Broughton next!!!

Haven't shot mine yet, but Tim North was great to deal with.
He believes his barrels are the best, and will back it up.

I had a 300wsm done up last year with a Broungton 5c 1/12 twist barrel. Velocity gain is pretty good and it broke in real nice. I'm thinking of getting a 5c 7mm for my next project.

For what it's worth- it's the only barrel I use now. Accuracy is awesome, delivery time is quick and Tim is a top notch guy to do business with.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.