Brother injured from IED

Sendero_Man

Just got news this morning that my brother is having complications from IED impact from last Feb. His hummer was hit side impact when the hummer in front right of his, ran over IED. Had severe concusion from impact.

Eye problems from what we understand, detached retina in right eye, no vision to sides or to lower. Left eye is blacking out. 2 other Soldiers in hummer having similar symtoms. Memory lose, sight problems, etc.

He is being flown out to Germany, then possibly Walter Reid for surgery.

Thanks all, keep ya posted.

I hope that your brother makes a full recovery.. My cousion was wounded in 4 places a couple of months ago from a motor round shrapnel .He is back with his unit now.He also hit an IED once,but was uninjured,thank God....Please keep us informed and ours thoughts and prayers are with your brother and the rest of our TROOPS.........
thumb.gif

Last edited:
Not happy about hearing that.

I sure hope his recovery will be full.

I'll try to do my best to be worthy of the service and sacrifice he has made.

God Speed

I hope he does OK. Walter Reed is in better shape now, but I don't know if the VA is doing much better on the paperwork end of things.

Make sure he doesn't let stuff go unreported such as any hearing loss or neck pain, etc. This stuff comes back to haunt you many years later.

He needs to get as many of the pertinent records copied and in his possession as possible.

IED

Senderoman, your brother is in my prayers. Please, let him know that I thank him for his service. I hope he gets better soon. We are lucky to have people like your brother who fight and defend our country and our way of life.

Wildcat

Guys, while you are on the subject...I would like to ask y'all to pray for my friend Sgt John Massey's children and family. He was killed a few days ago when our gun truck was hit by (from what we were told) two IEDs linked together. Also say a prayer for my driver Spc Weber, he was flown to Balad for possible head injuries. They said he had a minor concusion but shows signs of PTSD. He is taking the death of our friend really hard. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with, but I find some peace knowing he was saved.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.