Broke the 500 yard barrier finally

Hey Skinny,You can blame me.....I have broad shoulders
grin.gif
.....I'm used to it....The wife says EVERYTHING is my fault
grin.gif

Sscoyote,

What we really need is a Hand held range finder capable of ranging a coyote out to 1500 yards, Every Time. One that you could program your ballistics into, so that it not only told you the range, but also the number of clicks needed to make the shot.

I will personally do all I can to guide you to that one !!!!!
grin.gif
can't have the previous owner have the braggin' rights!!!

The program is pretty quick to use in the field if you're taking long shots, it would normally take me about 10-15 seconds to pull out the thing, enter the distance, dial the clicks and shoot. Not any slower than it takes to look at a chart and figure the clicks if the range is in between the ones I have listed. The advantage of changing the angle or temp while in the field for long periods etc is another bonus. While you'd never use the thing closer than maybe 400-500 yards, it has it's place with smaller size kill zones, farther distances or angles for sure. Always memorize at least each 100 yards intervals MOA though.

Tim,
Ya know the laser idea is a good one, can I get mine to listen to the load info in the Palm device and the weather data in the Kestrel.
grin.gif
Maybe even "highlight" the point for my hold over on the R2 reticle in the rangefinder too!
grin.gif
Someday I'm sure they'll be built into the scope and it'll dial the clicks for you via servos. Hell, it won't be any fun then. I'm really with you on the 1500 yards yote ranging laser!!!! I had trouble ranging a bear I got a week or so ago at just about 650 yards in bright sun. Moved closer to 575 and got good readings, it really would have bummed me out had the bear been out of his den at that point and I had missed an opportunity for a shot because of it.

Thanks for the info about the electronic stuff.
Do those Palm Pilots stand up to any abuse or are they fairly fragile? Not that it will get thrown around any.

Boyd, you and Baldeagle need to come down for the day sometime soon.
The Skinny Jr's are going to be out before you know it.
At 100 yards they count for 600 yard shots, just like the 600 yard Nat'l Match 100 yd targets.
wink.gif

And they say heroin is addictive;The only thing I can say is great shooting.Maybe your eyes are better than mine but when I went out past 600yds I seemed to need a more powerful scope.That should be a good excuse for a new Leupold LR.When you get past 1500yds go with the premire 20 by 50 power reticle enhancement.Just be sure to blame Boyd to your wife.

You know guys, i am one lucky dude. i'm getting married soon to the sweetest Philippino that ever lived. i can go hunting any time i want, and she cooks it up when i get home. Can you believe it? She even likes to cut the grass. Now all i gotta do is get her to skin coyotes-- then i'll be sittin' pretty.

Skinny,
The coyoty is hungy! Just say the word. Can't wait to get my first GHOG with it. Concidering it has only poked holes in paper so far.
As far as being hooked, Well
rolleyes.gif
I'm gonna have to name my new bench rest gun (after it's built of course)"MYOTHERHARLEY" or "NewAddiction" cause I'm sellin the red Harley to finance this new addiction.
Boyd, I'll help shoulder the blame.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts