Breaking in a Chrome Lined BBl

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by lerch, Feb 6, 2008.

1. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I just got a Rock River Coyote Ar-15 223, figured if some how Hil Dog gets in the white house i should buy one while i can. The gun has a 20" chrome Lined bbl and i am curious as to what kind of different break in procedure i should follow or if it is even worth it

thanks for the help
    steve

2. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Steve, I bought a Bushmaster (crome lined) some years ago and there recomendation was to shoot 300 rounds before the first cleaning. Needles to say I said "cool", and shot about 400 rounds before I cleaned it. Very little fouling, it cleaned easy and it's round count is over 1500 now. I think the barrels been cleaned 4-5 times.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Just shoot it , the finish inside is smoother and WAY harder than any hand lapped barrel you will ever find nothing their to "break in" , trying to clean after a few shots is just gonna waste your time.

4. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Thanks guys, thats pretty much what i figured. Just wanted to make sure. I will get her scoped and painted up here pretty soon and get some pics of here on the forum