Brass with unknown shot/reload count?

EXPRESS

I have 100 .308win and 200 6.5-284 cases that during a move got tossed into a single tub.

So now I have no idea of how many shots and or reloading cycles any piece of brass has on it. None of them will have more than 3 at a guess, and I have an induction annaler, so I'm wondering if it is still okay to just clean it all, resize anneal then resize again?
Should that give me consistent neck tension?

If the brass is from the same lot, I can't see why you wont be ok. But I would anneal before sizing, no need to do it twice.
I think the necks will be consistent enough after an anneal, my concern would be the SIZE of the brass in general. What was your sizing routine before the move?

By sizing routine do you mean trimming or sizing?

I simply full length size after each firing. I had set the die up to bump the shoulder back just enough (I don't remember the number offhand) to get a snug fit.

As for trimming, I start a new batch by trimming to the shortest piece in the mix, within reason, then measure again after each firing. Any undersized pieces get segregated to their own lot. It takes quite a few firings before they grow enough need another trim.

I guess it's worth trying before I can them...

Anneal, size, trim and don't lose any sleep over it. You have a good annealing machine by the sounds of it, so that should get the necks all uniform I'd think.

The only other variable will be primer pockets if the higher load count brass is looser than the newer stuff, but you can mark and or sort as you seat primers if that's an issue. JMO

I suggest miking the case head just above the extractor groove and tossing the ones that are at the highest values to be safe.

...I'm wondering if it is still okay to just clean it all, resize anneal then resize again?
Should that give me consistent neck tension?

Are you trying to win the national bench rest title, or have fun in the field?

There is nothing to be concerned about. With ~3 firings they're just fire formed, and ready for action.
No reason to anneal or treat them special.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.