Brass Cleaning Using Stainless Tumbling Media System-Review

Nice brass great caliber, do you notice any dings in your brass from the stainless rods?

Since we are talking brass - Go to the nearest Napa Auto or other auto parts and pickup some Luberplate #3. This stuff works exceptionally well to lube brass when running the brass through your dies. A very little is all that is needed. Apply with your finger tips. gun)

I haven't noticed any dings or nicks, the odd one might get a piece of stainless stuck in the primer pocket. The stainless when in the water is quite soft to the touch, weird I know. I also think the more you use it the better they get at polishing.

It's the best brass cleaning I have seen, no doubt.

I think I'm sold!!! I've seen some good reports on here and other places, its all been good. Going to go ahead and order it this month... Thanks again for all the posts and comments, BK.

You need a tumbler to make this idea work, the vibrator brass cleaners do not work. Check with STM to see if what you have will work. No cold water just a heads up. I had the tumbler so I was good to go.

You need a tumbler to make this idea work, the vibrator brass cleaners do not work. Check with STM to see if what you have will work. No cold water just a heads up. I had the tumbler so I was good to go.

I use cold water, why don't you use cold water?

Pellets Inc., is a source for the media and they are now using .265 SS Media to lessen the sticking pin situation (not that it was a problem).
As far as drying; use a dish towel and make an envelope of it with the brass sliding back and forth, then repeat with fresh dry towel.
After this, I lay the brass out on the broiler pan from my stove-top oven and crank it up to 225 degrees for 10 min., at the highest location in the oven (to keep the heat down) and turn it off leaving the door closed for an hour or so, ='s nice dry brass.
Brass looks better than any other method of cleaning (I've used).
Size first and chamfer after going through the tumbler for smooth necks.
This method is a cleaning delight..

Pellets Inc., is a source for the media and they are now using .265 SS Media to lessen the sticking pin situation (not that it was a problem).
As far as drying; use a dish towel and make an envelope of it with the brass sliding back and forth, then repeat with fresh dry towel.
After this, I lay the brass out on the broiler pan from my stove-top oven and crank it up to 225 degrees for 10 min., at the highest location in the oven (to keep the heat down) and turn it off leaving the door closed for an hour or so, ='s nice dry brass.
Brass looks better than any other method of cleaning (I've used).
Size first and chamfer after going through the tumbler for smooth necks.
This method is a cleaning delight..

Dude are you sure about that? All I saw on their site Pellets, Inc. was bird poo!
I don't think I wanna put my brass in a tumbler full of poo, no matter how delightful!
So if you have a different linky please share. :rolleyes: :D

Warning Note to Pocketchange: reference your "drying technique" in the oven:

"I lay the brass out on the broiler pan from my stove-top oven and crank it up to 225 degrees for 10 min., at the highest location in the oven (to keep the heat down) and turn it off leaving the door closed for an hour or so, ='s nice dry brass. "

I have not found my reference yet but am pretty sure you don't want to "dry" your brass in an oven, even at what you consider low (225F) temp...remember how the sun on a 90F day can make a gun barrel hot enough to blister you; well me think you are softening your brass near the head which is a NO NO...annealing is only to the neck and then for mere seconds...hell many reloaders that anneal use a pan of quenching water to drop their brass in for just that reason...soft case heads is DANGEROUS. I may be wrong but would feel bad if you got a face full of hot stuff and I could have warned you. Let me know if you find out something either way.

Warning Note to Pocketchange: reference your "drying technique" in the oven:

"I lay the brass out on the broiler pan from my stove-top oven and crank it up to 225 degrees for 10 min., at the highest location in the oven (to keep the heat down) and turn it off leaving the door closed for an hour or so, ='s nice dry brass. "

I have not found my reference yet but am pretty sure you don't want to "dry" your brass in an oven, even at what you consider low (225F) temp...remember how the sun on a 90F day can make a gun barrel hot enough to blister you; well me think you are softening your brass near the head which is a NO NO...annealing is only to the neck and then for mere seconds...hell many reloaders that anneal use a pan of quenching water to drop their brass in for just that reason...soft case heads is DANGEROUS. I may be wrong but would feel bad if you got a face full of hot stuff and I could have warned you. Let me know if you find out something either way.

What is wrong with doing all the prep work then cleaning them. For sure you would want to check them out before prime ,powder, and bullet. You would have to get the sizeing lube off whitch means wiping possibly knocking the high dollar shine you just put on them off and if you die isn't perfect this means a scratch or two. Jersey glove holding brass and air hose in other hand is sure way to get them dry inside. Just a thought

Last edited:
I remove the primer and then go to the cleaning process.
Clean brass has advantages too numerous to mention.
As for removing lube, a rag does a good enough job and I don't worry about scratching up brass and dies having cleaned the brass and using Redding Comp Dies.
Whatever floats your boat.. as long as you get back to the dock ;>)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.