brass catcher

When using a scope simply use an old ball cap. Slide the back of the cap, where the size adjuster is" over the scope and let the hat catch your brass. It pretty much trashes the hat. I've been doing it for a while with no major issues. Occasionally a case will bounce back and cause a stoppage but I suspect all catchers suffer that fault now and then. This method is second only to a large breasted bikini model running around policing your brass for you. And you can throw the hat in the trunk and not get arrested.

When using a scope simply use an old ball cap. Slide the back of the cap, where the size adjuster is" over the scope and let the hat catch your brass. It pretty much trashes the hat. I've been doing it for a while with no major issues. Occasionally a case will bounce back and cause a stoppage but I suspect all catchers suffer that fault now and then. This method is second only to a large breasted bikini model running around policing your brass for you. And you can throw the hat in the trunk and not get arrested.
I tried the ball cap this weekend. **** good call, for the first time I collected all my brass. Well done Sir!

Look into COMBAT V TACTICAL Brass Catcher. Bought one last week. Pretty amazing! Might want to try it out.

linman17, I gotta admit, it sure does look good! I especially like the hing so you can get to the port,etc. It is a tad pricey and I wonder how strong and long lasting the Velcro strips will last. I use 3BUCC catchers and although they work super, you have to remove it to get to the port. It's not hard, just a lot of moving around and time consuming. They also require mounting a block on the picatinny rail and that can get difficult. Hummm, sounds like I'm going to get me a Combat V catcher!

Yeah I thought it was pricey at first but the quality is pretty good and it came with a 100% product guarantee. My cousin hog hunts and has had his catcher a year. Still holding up.

+1 on what bshaw wrote. Catchyourbrass units are great, my friend has the Range model and I'll be next based on the price and how well it works. Very well made, IMHO.

Just my 2 cents but E&L Manufacturing makes some nice brass catchers for a variety of rifles, AR's included plus they make some dandy guns of the submachine variety for the discerning Class 3 buyer.

I run E&L Brass catchers on all my match target rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.