Brake for 300RUM

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by shedhunt, Oct 30, 2013.

1. shedhunt

shedhunt Well-Known Member

I just purchased a 300RUM and would like to get some feed back on what everyone thinks is the best barrel brake for this rifle. I know that there are a lot of brakes on the market and would like to put the best brake on it as possible.

Thank you for your thoughts and input..

2. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

The "Assassin" by JE Custom on this site is going to be in the top three for recoil reduction.

3. canderson

canderson Well-Known Member

I have a muscle brake on my 338 edge. Love it. Very little blast pressure and very efficient brake.

4. Centxshooter

Centxshooter Well-Known Member

Muzzle Brakes added one to my RUM and it kicks like a kitten.

5. shedhunt

Thank you all so far who have provided me with some information. I will look into both of these.

6. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

I have an APA "fat bastard" on a 338LM that I am really happy with. I think they also make a "little bastard" for 300's

If nothing else, watch their promo video for pure entertainment purposes

[ame=http://youtu.be/tMLMof4P8Hk]The Fat Bastard Muzzle Brake vs 338 Lapua - YouTube[/ame]

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

8. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good muzzle brakes out there and they will all reduce the recoil by 35% to 50%
    and make most rifles feel Tame.

I do have at this time what I think is the most efficient from a recoil standpoint of all the brakes.
    I will post the results of the latest test for recoil reduction on a 300 RUM in the next day or two.

The test was made on a "Tuned" Assassin brake and produced a whopping 70.2% recoil reduction
    for a total recoil on a 11.5 pound rifle ready to go hunting (Scope and all) of 10.5 pounds of recoil.

PM me if you wan't more info.

J E CUSTOM

9. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

Up date :

Hear is the video I had promised.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BM396_6AY"]Recoil reduction of large overbore cartridges. - YouTube[/ame]

J E CUSTOM

10. shedhunt

11. wstanton

wstanton Well-Known Member

JE That's a very interesting video! Thanks for sharing that. I put a muscle brake on my rifle, and like how the first slot is not angled, it makes it so that I don't feel any of the concussion when the rifle is fired, and I enjoy that a lot in comparisson to some of the other brakes I own.

12. Doublezranch

Doublezranch Well-Known Member

I have 2 assassin brakes. One on a 7mm RUM and on a 300 RUM. Can't wait to get them on and head to the range. Jerry has done lots of research on brakes. I would purchase a assassin and never look back.

13. WarKitty

WarKitty Active Member

I just got a witt machine brake for my 300 rum with bull barrel. it purrs like a pussy kat