Brainstorm Please Frnt Rest Ext

Thanks WR
No problem. Something just occurred to me.

Contact some Army surplus stores in your area or search online to see if you can find a tri-pod for an M-60mg

m60_02.jpg

One could easily be modified in such a way as to solve all your issues.

You'd need to modify the rear legs so that they mounted firm to your chair or shooting stand and when more elevation on the front end is needed lightweight bricks like I first suggested could be put underneath the front leg.

Last edited:
I like it! Unfortunately I also like the M60. What it lacks in accuracy it makes up for in volume of fire. F Class competitors beware:)

Thanks.
Matt

I like it! Unfortunately I also like the M60. What it lacks in accuracy it makes up for in volume of fire. F Class competitors beware:)

Thanks.
Matt
If you can find one what I'd suggest is spinning the Yoke (Front mount) around 180 degrees, and having someone machine a lateral extension that would reach the fore end of your rifle stock.

You could mount the rifle to it using a quick release sling mount or even by setting a female reciever into the stock and using a bolt on the bottom to secure it.

You'd want to play with it a bit and when you have it figured out have the fore end extension welded to the existing yoke.

The cross bar on the real legs provides lateral (windage) adjustment over if I remember right about 70 degrees and locks into place.

You have a tremendous amount of elevation adjustment with the wheel above that lateral traverse lock. Again, if I remember correctly it offers about 25-30 degress of elevation adjustment.

By modifying the yoke to attact to your rifle's fore end it shold provide you bench rest stability in a highly portable unit.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.