Bowtech Assassin

TexanHunter

I am new to bow hunting and am looking for a bow. I really like the Bowtech Assassin. I saw some videos on it and all of the reviews were impressed... Has any of yall had experience with it? Is it a good choice?

In my mind, the most important consideration in buying a bow is the brace height. It's the biggest factor affecting accuracy for most shooters.

I'd recommend a brace height no shorter than 7 inches for a new shooter. But that's just my opinion. I prefer a brace height of closer to eight inches, personally.

The best way to buy a new bow is to shoot as many as you can. Find as many pro shops as you can, hit each one, get measured. Pick a price range and shoot as many as they will set up for you. Take notes on what you like and dislike about each one. Dont worry about name brand or what everyone else is trying to sell you. In this day and age just about every manufacturer has good quality, control so who makes it shouldnt make a difference. In the end the boy that feels the best in your hands will shoot the best for you and make you a happy archer. Get one thats not comfortable to you and your outlook on archery will change. I have 3 different bows by 2 different manufacturers. I shoot a Hoyt turbo tech as my primary, a Martin Phantom II as a lefty (occasional shoulder problems on the right side), and a Hoyt Hyper Tech as my main back up bow. They all feel real good in my hands so they all shoot good for me. You will be happier and more accurate if the bow chooses you vs making yourself fit into something that dosent feel good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.