Boresighter

G

Any suggestions on bore sighters? I have looked at those ones that also have the bubble level on them so that reticle levelinig can be done at the same time. Just wondering if any of you use them, and if so- suggestions.

Thanks!

I've used a Bushnell optical boresighter for many years. It has its place but you can do just as well, if not better, but just putting your (boltless) rifle in the sandbags and visually aligning the target in the center of the bore. Once its centered, just adjust the scope so that the crosshair is centered on the target. You will be surprised just how well this works.

I have done this MANY times for new rifle owners who show up at the range and can't get a bullet on the paper.

I use one of the older LaserLyte Laser bore sighters. It usually puts me closer than 2" at 100 yards. I have found it to be far superior to the old bore sighting tools. It also is excellent on pistols and rifles with iron sights. If I were to buy a new one today I would get the one with the level on it.
rifle.gif

Thanks for the suggestions. It is actually for my T/C Encore, which is a little harder due to the pivoting action to be able to bore sight it by eye. That's how I do all of my Savage rifles- just pull the bolt, and line it up on the scope. I went over to Sportsman's Warehouse, and they boresighted it, and aligned the reticles for free. 100 yd. 1st. shot was about .5" off. Didn't take much after that to get it tuned in. I appreciate the replies!!

I like the Leupy one. Can use it before shooting a single round to get close, and it's simple to use, small and easy to put in my pack should I ever need to check it.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.