Bore Sighting Problems

huntsober

I have a Remington Sendero in 7stw, Swarovski 6x18x50 BR. I have tried different types of rings tring to get it to bore sight. I do not want to shim it or use a low quality set of rings with windage screws. Will a picatinny (sp) rail and high quality Badger Rings get me what I want ( a strong ring and base system) What is my options? am I going to have to have this gun re drilled and tapped?? I am at the end of my rope with this gun. Any help will be great.
thanks Joe

You could just sale it to me An that would Fix Your problem .

But then you would miss out on how good the 7 MM STW will shoot .

Is this an New Rifle our is it an Used .

I have 3 Sendero 7 mm STW an would knot Sale Them .

Redbone

What is the specific problem---windage error or elevation error?

The Burris rings with inserts might be the ticket here.

Cheers,
Jim

I found this gun new in the box unfired. As you guys know thay only made it for a couple of years. I have several Senderos and I have custom work on all of them. They all have had the stocks repaited by HS in the Tan anf Black spider web, jewel triggers, big bench style bolt knob, muzzle break, with nightforce, zeiss, swarovski and Smit Bend on them. This gun is fighting me every step. When I mount up the optiks the bore sighter reports that the zero is way over to the left almost out of veiw. The scope does not have enough adjustment. I am so weird about putting junk in the rings and bases. I hate windage screws and I love rock solid good stuff. I am so close to getting to stick my figer in this thing yet so far away. I dont want to buy ten different systems just to find one that works. I must admitt that this is the only gun that has given me problems. I do not own one of the new Senderos only the early ones. I am sure the new one are good I just like the NOS. So thats my story... and no none of my guns are for sale. I have never sold a gun, one day I am going to be glad I never have. Yea they are stacking up.... thanks for any help. Joe

The first thing that I always do before I ever mount the scope is to see if the rings are aligned properly.

With the bottom rings in place, lay a 1" dia. rod that is long enough to reach to the end of your barrel, (use either wood, aluminum or steel) into the rings and then tighten the upper half of the rings. This will show how much the bases or rings are out of alignment with the barrel.

By doing it this way, you should be able to find the problem as to why it's off. Oh, if it's 30mm rings, then you have to use inserts around the rod to make it tight in the rings.

It's possible that the receiver holes were drill off center.

ring problems

Get yourself a set of ring aligment points from Brownells, this will tell you if your rings are in alignment with each other ( Categories ). Then as was already suggested, try the Burris rings. With 10 MOA inserts available you could fix a massive misaligment with these. My Remington came with bases that have windage adjustments in the rear base that screw adjust for windage ( JR 1-PIECE BASE - MAUSER-RUGER® at Brownells~ ) these might be the ticket?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.