bore light gadget

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by bucknutz, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bucknutz

bucknutz Well-Known Member

silly me,but i bought a browning bore light thinking i was going to see all the fouling,copper streaks pits and more?
    sadly enough it was a white light no better than removing the bolt and looking at a light bulb or outside in the daylight? i thought it would be a colored bulb to show more?am i missing something?

2. preacherman

preacherman Well-Known Member

...I also am open for a really good borelight, but it will probably take a true "borescope" to see all the "scary stuff"... good shooting, Larry

3. joseywales

joseywales Active Member

At a gun show, I bought a small LED flashlight. The unit is about 2.5" long, with a pen clip so you can place it in your pocket. The light bulb is attached to a thin orthiscopic like flexible neck that is about 3.5" long. I use it during cleaning and also when inspecting a used gun for purchase. I angle the light, so it does not shine directly in my eye when I look down the barrel. It's no bore scope, but I find it works pretty well. I just threw the box out last night, but I can get the name if anyone wants to check it out. It wasn't more than $20.

4. bucknutz

bucknutz Well-Known Member

oops this was supposed to go under bullets,barrels and ballistics?but anyhow..i tried a keychain single aaa battery with the cap off and it was no good.shouldnt the bent tube be a greenish color to show copper fowling at least?