bore guides

chad

Wts the best of the bore guides to use? I want one that seals in the barrel as best it can and stays in the bolt arm slot. The one I have is junk.

Excellant product. I don't know if the info below is current but the Lucas Bore Guide is the one you want.

[FONT=&quot]Mike Lucas
phone: (803) 356-0282
Please use E-mail if possible.

225 Browns River Road
Lexington, SC 29072
email: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]

I llke the Tipton Universal Guide (Tipton Universal Bore Guide)
If offers a variety of tips (small, .17-.24; medium, 25-.30; and large, for .30. They seal well in the chamber (a slight push on the rear while aligning and tightening the stop collar lock is all it takes to create a pretty good seal)
Because it's universal in design I don't have to have a collection of specific "o" ring seal guides (like I formerly did) to cover every caliber rifle I own.

Get the Lucas, they are custom made. Send him the make, model and caliber along with info on the cleaning rod you use. You will receive a guide that will protect your lands and keep your barrel accurate longer. Mr. Lucas is a great guy and a supporter of youth shooting. This subject is a very neglected topic. You will not be disappointed.

I called Dave Halblom 515-556-5833 and for $75.00 he made me a bore guide that was rod and chamber specific. Great product that i would buy again. Easy to work with and had it within a week. I tried to contact Mike Lucas, never returned my attempts.

I called Dave Halblom 515-556-5833 and for $75.00 he made me a bore guide that was rod and chamber specific. Great product that i would buy again. Easy to work with and had it within a week. I tried to contact Mike Lucas, never returned my attempts.

I sent Mike Lucas a email this morning and had a response by noon. If you are happy with what you have that is great. Mike just sent me a quote of $68.95 shipped. So they are about the same both being rod and chamber specific.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.