Bolt Wanted

gedsar

Hi, Only new here. I am looking for a model seven S/S bolt body, it is a 308 action and I am wanting to change it to 7mmWSM. Anyone know where the best place to get one from is.
Thanks Paul

Bolt

I think you will find that the only part of a SS Rem bolt that is SS will be the handle. You may want to contact Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge. He makes replacement bolts for Rem and Stiller actions. He may be able to help you out. DocEd.

Modify thr Rem Bolt

Hi you can just have the 308 boltface opened up and a Sako extractor fitted.

As already stated you can also buy a new one from pacific precision.

There are 3 gunsmiths + Shawn Carlock, Kirby Allen and Nathan Dagley either could do the mod for you it is a fairly simple operation for a good gunsmith their are other good gunsmiths on the site so I would go that way.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Thanks guys....

Bill.... are these guys in Australia, never heard of them. Rang up Peter Kay and he suggested getting a new bolt body. Rang Raytrade today they want $600, Can get a new SPS from Horsley for $850. If its too dear I'll just make it a 284W.

your in Australia?

Hi ring Geoff Grenfell in Bendigo here 03 54413380 he did a Sako extractor conversion yesterday he can also get spare bolts in from the Us. I just got one in for my model 7 as I wanted a Sako Extractor and a spare complete bolt assemblie. I Help Geoff out in his workshop, He is the Australian Distribiuter and importer for Lawton Barrels and Actions. He was the official armourer for the Commonwealth Games.

The cost is around $325 to have it Bored out and machined to a Short mag size and supply and fit the Sako Extractor . Give me a call. Also what do you want to have it rechambered to? You should also have the Wyats extended mag box fitted if using as a repeter and you will need feed lip works to make it reliable. If Peter Kay can't fit a sako extractor don't touch him it is a simple machining operationfor a true gunsmith.

Cheers Bill
Australia

If I'm hijacking I appologize, and disregard!

I have a Rem600 in .222 without a bolt. I thought I couldn't get another bolt for it. If I can, what kind of price should I expect? Not looking for a quote, just a ballpark.

Thanks,

Contact David Kiff

Hi contact Dave at Pacific Tool And Gage. They will make a new bolt for you to your dimensions.

Cheers Bill

If I'm hijacking I appologize, and disregard!

I have a Rem600 in .222 without a bolt. I thought I couldn't get another bolt for it. If I can, what kind of price should I expect? Not looking for a quote, just a ballpark.

Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.