bolt handle mods

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by MontanaMarine, May 15, 2004.

1. MontanaMarine

MontanaMarine Well-Known Member

i've had the bolts modified on both my 700s by Jeff Hicks at HD Rifles. I highly recommend his service.

Here's a couple pics to show the oversize Badger knob, and 3-screw reinforcement.

MM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MontanaMarine

MontanaMarine Well-Known Member

I had my bolts back in less than two weeks from the time I sent them.

MM

3. Brien

Brien Well-Known Member

i am having a 300win mag built along the lines of a tactical rifle and i would like to know where i can send my bolt to ,to get an oversize handle installed ...how long it will take ... and how much it will cost me...
    thanx in advance..
    Brien

4. Agunner012

Agunner012 Well-Known Member

Check this site out, I think he can help you. He does a lot of work for snipers hide members.
    http://www.hdrifle.com/

[ 05-15-2004: Message edited by: Agunner012 ]

5. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

You can also order the Badger bolt knob from Brownells and have it installed locally, putting screws in like Jeff does to guarantee the handle don't come is recomended too.

If you're handy with a grinder and files you can reshape the bolt knob, shorten it, thread and install the bolt knob yourself, it's really not that hard and comes with complete instructions.

6. cdmorten

cdmorten Well-Known Member

Definitely get it done. I love those things. I ordered it from Brownells and had a local gunsmith install it. This was his first one, but he said it was simple. It comes with instructions. I'm guessing you can find someone locally to do it for you as well. I think he charged somewhere in the $35 - $50 range to do it.