Bobby Hart LRT, Long action stock?

7stw

Hi guys, I am in the process of building another 7mm STW rifle. I have pretty much decided to use the Bobby Hart LRT stock on this one. This model is the one without the block. They do have a model WITH a bedding block, but I am going to pillar, and glss bed it myself. I just did a LSS, and it came out PERFECT, and shoots like a dream. My question is to those that have either bought the long action or the short, how do you like the stock. Did you have to get longer action screws, and how was the overall fit when you first got it? Those that reply, thanks in advance, any info appreciated. Take care to all !!!!!

I have the non bedding block Bobby Hart LRT with a SA Rem 700. Used same action screws. The cheek weld is perfect even with the higher picatinny and a 50mm scope. When shooting it off a front rest the stock does sit a bit higher. Have had to use a thicker rear bag. When a shorty Harris bi-pod is used there is no issue.

Here is my 6-284 in the Bobby Hart LRT
3pts2-16-2011with6mm-284020.jpg

I have the non bedding block Bobby Hart LRT with a SA Rem 700. Used same action screws. The cheek weld is perfect even with the higher picatinny and a 50mm scope. When shooting it off a front rest the stock does sit a bit higher. Have had to use a thicker rear bag. When a shorty Harris bi-pod is used there is no issue.

AZshooter, that is certainly a awesome rig, and is even more reason for me to go that route. I have already decided to do so, but now, I am at least considering the model with the block, but am very capable of pillar bedding, and completely bedding the action and lug myself. Did you add any type of bedding or pillars to yours? I have decided on the Tawny Brown color, in the satin finish. I just like the way it looks, and I like how yours looks as well. Nice job , and thanks for the reply.

The barrel channel was enlarged for the monsterous bartlein barrel and it was bedded. Didn't even touch the finish.

Nice rifle, but the little handle is on the wrong side!!!!:D:D:D:D

That concrete bench is out at the Tucson Rifle Club near 3 pts Az on their 500M silhouette range. It is quite old, a bit low and some rock till you wedge something under a corner. But it is heavy. They are supposed to make new ones one of these years.

I prefer this style concrete bench:

PIcsofournew257weatherbychamberedrifles6-07002.jpg

Azshooter what's the length of that Lrt stock?

I bought one with no block (a lefty) LA. I had a rebarrel in the works, so just slapped the 700 in there. The little barrel looked funny but it shot as good or better than the stock it came out of. since the rebarrel (Brux #8) I had to open up the channel and haven't bedded it yet. but I do have the stuff, just got my clay puddy yesterday. Still shoots good with 3 different bullets grouping at .65 or under. 7RM. the stock is comfortable except for a huge grip. it is pretty bulky, great for recoil and scope height but I won't be packing it anywhere long or steep. outside finish VG. and I think I just had to sand some inletting a touch for bottom metal for the inital fit.

Idahoorion

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.