Bluetooth Rangefinder Needed

drumbaugh

I am developing and testing a ballistic computer application for field use during hunting. It is not intended for resale but for personal use so I hope I am not violating any forum rules. Anyway, it currently connects to the Kestrel 4500 Bluetooth weather meter for atmospheric infomation but I have to enter the compass direction of the target and range via a touchscreen keypad. It would be nice to have a bluetooth capable range finder to totally automate the process and trigger the calculations. I have proven to myself that using current atmospheric and wind condition is far superior to any kind of clck chart for shooting beyond 1000 yards. The only one I have found online is the Newcon 6000 CI but I don't want to shell out $7500 to see if it will work. If anyone knows a cheaper alternative or has experience with the Newcon 6000 CI I would appreciate the information.

Thanks for the input. I need a range finder with more range than the 1000 meters that rangefinder indicates. We shoot a 50 BMG Improved and most shots are over 1000 meters and I would like a rangefinder that has no problem ranging to 2000 meters. I will have to save my pennies I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.