Blue Wonder Cleaner

justramit

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone uses this bore cleaner, and what you think about it. Is it good for copper and carbon fouling?

Justin

I have used it and it works well if used as directed. It is a bit more messy that most of the other ways and it requires a lot of brush use. That is why I personally dont use it much any more. I really like "Carbon Killer" or GM TEC for carbon/powder fowling. As for copper, Wipeout, Montana Extreme BMG 50, and Warthog all work wonderfully well. Wipeout also will get carbon fowling out but I am sorta anal about removing carbon before attacking copper. Hope this helps.
JIm

For me Warthog gets the carbon out faster than anything I've tried while attacking the copper which I have very little of in the bore.

The last time I cleaned I had some brown stuff that was more difficult to remove. It required brushing w/a nylon brush and Warthog. I have no idea of what it is or was:confused:

I was using blue wonder until i rounded up some Butchs bore clean. It was recommended by LILJA barrels and I can see why. It seems to be the best combination between sweets and a good carbon cutter I have found so far.

Carbon is a tough one and I have spent many hours attempting to determine the best way to get it out of my rifles. The only product that I have tried that works every single time is IOSSO Bores Cleaner Paste. Have used most of the liquids and none got all of the carbon out that being said the GM product I have never used. Another advantage of the IOSSO product is that it also removes copper as well while getting the carbon out. Used it yesterday morning while breaking in a new barrel and working up loads for a match next weekend in Missouri. Saves me a lot of time with the cleaning process.

For normal cleaning I use both Butches and Sweets.

Goodluck!

I have recently been using and testing the Wipeout Patch Out. It is as good as anything else (to include 50 BMG) on copper and at the same time better than anything else for carbon.

No smell, 4 strokes of a nylon brush, let it set while it "suds up" and then use patches for the final. Can safely stay in the barrel overnight.

Borescope does not lie and the barrels are crystal clean to include the carbon ring in the throats and first 2" of the bore.

BH

Hmmmm may give it a try!! You are right about the borescope as it does not ever lie..... Do you have to pay special attention the throat and the area just forward of it??

DWM

NOpe, just put the stuff in, brush 4 times with nylon brush, wait about 30 minutes, patch out 2-3X and normally good. I was very surprised.

Had to look twice with my borescope.

great to let set overnight and clean the next day.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.