BlitzKings?

little toes have you tried the 52gr Amax???
Here it goes 52gr Amax over 24.8grains H335
and CCI small magnum primer. This load you will find very accurate and kills woodchucks and I have shot deer also. You have to be reall picky with the shots on the deer(head and behind the shoulder). Good Luck!!!

Thanks H-Bar, you nailed the powder that I am most interested in! Have heard good things about the A-Max's. They even come in moly, and are easier to find than some other brands of bullets.

I second the 52 A-max they work great on everything.

But just another option that I do not think is too popular is the sierra 55gr. FMJ-BT. I have had great results with these bullets. The BC is a bit better than most 52-55gr bullets and for me they shoot the best groups of any bullet I have tested. Despite being a FMJ all the wounds I have seen are quite impressive even on small game. Plus they are very cheep! Since no one buys them they are usually on sale for under $8 for that price may be worth a try for ya.

MTBA-post the part No., are you talking MatchKings? Love 'em in my other rifle's, but haven't heard anything about lighter ones in 223 cal. Have heard some things about the heavier MK's, but my barrel twist is 1 in 14".

No, I am talking about The 55gr FMJBT, it is in the GameKing category. I have not bothered to try the lighter MK's as the BC of the 52gr is less than that of the 52 A-max. I have not tried the BlitzKing but I would think that they would do a fine job.

I have tried the smaller match kings in the 223 and they did kill the deer but I was not impressed with the performance. I have used the 52 Amax with great success on deer. If shot just behind the shoulder or in the head the deer won't go anywhere!!! They are great for woodchucks too!!!

Thanks HBar, but anything under .240 caliber is not legal in my state for big game, too include deer. I have had great luck with 200 grain SMK's in 30 cal.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.