Blaser r93 - is it accurate. Did it deserve the "Rifle of the Century"

Go the Blaser R93?

• Total voters
Re: Blaser r93 - is it accurate. Did it deserve the "Rifle of the Century"

dumbasses used the wrong powder, put the wrong ammo in, or used pistol powder instead of rifle powder.......I mean seriously do we blame cars when a drunk driver kills himself. If you dont like Blaser or cant afford one then thats fine but shut the hell up if you have never even fired one.

Jack got it right ....... and so did you, my learned friend.
Couldn't have put it better myself. :D

I have a R-93 in 7STW which locks up just fine and is very accurate with factory (160 gr double tap) ammo. I guess sometimes you have to think outside the box on engineering. I also have two other STW's both on 700 actions that will beat the accuracy of this rifle, but only with reloads.

I have a R-93 in 7STW which locks up just fine and is very accurate with factory (160 gr double tap) ammo. I guess sometimes you have to think outside the box on engineering. I also have two other STW's both on 700 actions that will beat the accuracy of this rifle, but only with reloads.

7stwnut, when ever I surf the Gunbroker page for anything in the STW, I always see a lot of 7 STW's for sale, and they seem to get a lot of cash for them! WOW, holy s)$&&!
I can't knock them or praise them for I have no experience with them, but I do know they are pricey! Didn't know there were so many 7stwnuts around here!

7stw, It used to be the ammo was expensive and hard to find, but now I seem to find it on most sites and it is quite a bargain compared to what folks are paying for 223 ammo now a days and that's if you can find it. The 7stw is a accurate long range round and perfect for AZ which is where I reside. I reload for both of my bolt 7stws and will start reloading for my Blaser as time allows. Take care.

I know a fellow that has one and he says the one frightening oddity of the rifle is that it does not "show" pressure in any sort of standard fashion.
In an action of "questionable strength" that may be why folks are getting hurt.
In my brief handing of the rifle all I saw was outstanding craftsmanship....to bad about the bolt in the head thing. :)

X-man
the ******* used pistol powder in his re loads, had nothing to do with the R93, its bolt, or bolt head.

I wish I could have one of this rifles, if only they could shoot as any of my customs rifles for almost half the money.... something just does not add up..

the ones I have shot have not impressed me. accurate but not much more than an out of the box savage..

own two different german cars and one motorcycle, yes they are trendy buy are more expensive to maintain and still work like any lexus.

still my sporting clays gun is a blaser f3 and yes its cheaper than any perazzi, k80 or dt10/dt11, and ten year warranty....

here in old mexico there is supposedly a limit on the number of guns a guy can have, these would be a nice adition to have one gun registered with many calibers..

my two cents...

X-man
the ******* used pistol powder in his re loads, had nothing to do with the R93, its bolt, or bolt head.

Ouch!
That is hard to comprehend.
After looking at the rifle I saw nothing but quality workmanship...I suspected as much.

My Blaser R8's and R93" are as accurate as my Hill Country Custom rifle, my McWhorter Custom Rirle, and my MG Arms Custom Rifle, now I dont handload but all of the above guns shoot 1/2" or better including my Blasers.............people who dont own Blasers have all kinds of opinions, always do but for the price, weight, portability, reliability and yes COOLNESS factor I love em, will be ordering a K95 soon. They require little to no work to keep going, just keep the barrel clean and they are good to go, I can have 2 Blaser R8 rifles for the cost of my Dakota Nesika Hunter in 280 AI and they shoot just as well. I dont hate on custom guns as I have quite a few, but ragging on Blasers is what people do that cant afford one or dont have one.just my 2 cents:D

...but ragging on Blasers is what people do that cant afford one or dont have one.just my 2 cents:D
:D LOL. There is plenty of that on the net.

Owned a 270 win and there was no way to sight in with this gun
Let me tell you guns here in mexico are way more expensive than in usa. Almost double.

Yes coolnes factor is ok. Would not change any of my 338 edges for a r93.
How many guides do you know that own and use a blaser?

IMO Blaser R93 or R8 is one of the best ones is out of a box.
Have one in 6.5x55 with standard barrel which shoots 1/2 moa with factory ammo.
Very compact and light which is very good for hiking or mountain huntings. Moreover, you can buy addition barrels in various calibers.
After taking off a barrel and putting it back no need for sighting. The same is for optic.
This is the only one when I have not upgraded after the purchase as I did with my remington 700 for example....

I know this is an old topic but seeing as I've been shooting R93's exclusively since this time, I should add my own experiences to it.
I've only had 3 missfires in my time, and that was with my 1st one. As a safety precaution if the bolt isn't fully closed and locked the firing pin won't hit the primer, rendering the rifle safe.
I've never had a problem since then.

I've also never had one of the 4 I've owned (and currently own) blow up and kill me and I can't find anyone who has died from one. Also the few times one has blown up, it's been operator error, and that's happened a hell of a lot less on average then Remington's and other more traditional actions.

They are accurate, well balanced and faultless firearms that are more flexible then anything else on the market.
Do they have drawbacks well yes, nothing is perfect.
The triggers can only have the weight changed unless you buy an after market Bix & Andy unit, the 3 round blind magazine is unavoidable and necessary, and I wish you could use a Harris style bipod but because of the sling swivel location.
Other then that there is no problem.

I can't recommend them enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.