Blaser R8

Ftothfadd

Anyone has any experience using a blaser R8 professional for long range shooting? In particular in 300 wby.
Thanks for all the input

That's a good question and just what I was searching and not a lot to be found. I've wanted one for quite some time and I finally purchased an R8 Professional in 300 Wby. last spring for deer, elk & whatever other big game I can chase and absolutely love it!. I have yet to get it to any of the "long range" ranges yet, but I was able to come up with a pretty accurate hand load using 175gr Barnes LRX/H4831SC and that will print 1/2" to 3/4" at 100yds consistently...depending on how good of a day I am having. I can only hope it performs as well once I start reaching out to 500-600+.

Even if I'm not a great fan of Blaser personally, all the guys I know who own both the R93 or R8 do love them. They are very versatile due to their system and extremely accurate rifles. You shouldn't have any problem with accuracy out to 1K.

While I don't hunt with it, I do shoot my R8 300 Win Mag in a BOAR stock and braked match barrel out well past 1000 on steel. Currently using 208 A Max hand loads. Lots of good accuracy and experienced with this combo.

The BOAR is a professional stock with the match barrel channel, sling stud in place for bipod install and adjustable comb. The comb riser can be adjusted both vertically and horisonally.

thank you for the encouraging answers. I know that the 300 death barrel has 1:11 twist, so I guess if that stabilizes the 208 AMAX then it should be ok with 210 VLds or LRABs. Any thoughts?
Also where do you get the BOAR stock.
I am a rather avid laser person but yet to see that thing sold...
Ferenc

I just checked the R8 out...looks like a sweet deal. Definitely interesting but dang, 3000+ dollars!!! That is full blown sweet shooting custom rifle territory...

Rather convincing. Where do you get those nifty looking laminated stocks. Anyone knows of a professional stock with adjustable cheek piece?
Thanks

The BOAR (Blaser Overwatch Adjustable Rifle) is available in the Savannah color also. It has the adjustable comb, extra sling stud for front bipod and barrel channel is standard with the match barrel contour. I have one of these and it is used for all my long range shooting.

Thanks for the BOAR info. I am intrigued by this stock. Where could you purchase it? How much does it cost?
Thanks, Ferenc

There are several dealers on the Internet that can work with you.

I see you list your location as MN. My friend at the Corner Store in Backus, MN is also a Blaser dealer. Dave Sheley 218-947-4115

Also, Sheels is a Blaser dealing chain of
Stores.

I use a Blaser R8 Professional 6.5x55 cut to 20" barrel and it is excellent. Accuracy is unbelievable.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.