Black Rhino

I'm not sure I've seen someone profess their intelligence in such an incoherent way.

Im a sloppy at typing and was on my way to supper because I was hungry as hell.......but if you cant read between the sloppy typed lines..especially on an internet bulletin board...I feel for ya son.

So called overcrowding: Example. You own a house and yard...size of yard doesnt matter....and the lush green grass in the yard is fenced in..!

Within that yard live 4 rabbets....nice fat bunnies that reproduce...and each year YOU also reduce the size of the yard thats enclose!

Soon that yard is now 20 x 20...then 16 x 16...then goes to 10 x 10...but wait!! each year the bunny population goes from 4 to 8 to 12 to 16 to 32..

Before long we have an OVER POPULATION of cute little bunnies...and if we dont start selling some...killing some..eating some....even having the neighbors feast on bunny meat...we are going to be ******* deep to a Mongolian in BUNNIES!

Anyone see any analogy between the backyard bunnies and the "big 5" that live in Aftrica??

US Fish and wildlife service has responded to the hunt in question. Makes for interesting reading. U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service - International Affairs Unlike Sully, they are aware of the conservation activities being undertaken by the Namibian government in detail. Take note of the date, this has been ongoing for 10 years and apparently there are still excess rhinos to be culled... But according to sloppy Sully, these people and the FWS must all be dopes that need to be culled...

Q: Why did the Service issue a permit for the import of a black rhino sport-hunted trophy in March 2013?
A:
In 2003, Namibia instituted the "Black Rhino Conservation Strategy for Namibia" with very specific management goals in the areas of range expansion, biological management, protection, policy and legislative framework, capacity-building and sustainability. As part of this strategy, Namibia authorized an annual harvest of five post-reproductive male black rhinos. The removal of limited numbers of males has been shown to stimulate population growth in some areas. Removing specific individuals from a population can result in reduced male fighting, shorter calving intervals, and reduced juvenile mortality.

All known black rhinos in Namibia are ear-notched to assist in identification and monitoring. This ear-notching system makes it possible for the Namibian Government to select specific individuals for culling based on age, reproductive status, and other factors that may contribute to the overall health of the population.

Further, the Namibian government requires a significant contribution to the Game Products Trust Fund (GPTF) for any sport hunting of black rhino to ensure that revenue is directed towards conservation. Money accrued from trophy hunting of black rhinos has been used to fund annual black rhino counts, improved rhino crime investigation and prosecution, and to ensure the traceability of all rhino horn owned by Namibia.

The permit issued in March 2013 applied to a black rhino taken in Namibia in 2009 in accordance with a scientifically-based selection process within Namibia's national strategy and with significant funds ($175,000) directed to the GPTF. We found that the importation of that sport-hunted black rhino trophy did enhance the survival of the species.
However, the issuance of that permit does not guarantee the issuance of future permits for the import of black rhino sport-hunted trophies from Namibia or elsewhere. The review of any future applications will be based on the eligibility of the applicant, biological data of the specific black rhino being hunted, as well as any new information available at the time the application is received.

So called overcrowding: Example. You own a house and yard...size of yard doesnt matter....and the lush green grass in the yard is fenced in..!

Within that yard live 4 rabbets....nice fat bunnies that reproduce...and each year YOU also reduce the size of the yard thats enclose!

Soon that yard is now 20 x 20...then 16 x 16...then goes to 10 x 10...but wait!! each year the bunny population goes from 4 to 8 to 12 to 16 to 32..

Before long we have an OVER POPULATION of cute little bunnies...and if we dont start selling some...killing some..eating some....even having the neighbors feast on bunny meat...we are going to be ******* deep to a Mongolian in BUNNIES!

Anyone see any analogy between the backyard bunnies and the "big 5" that live in Aftrica??

Sew know yiv get a POPULATION problem. Whit do ya siggest yo do? Kill eff you kneebors hoe are casing yer yaird to bee smell? member ya wore der first. Or...... keel some cut binnies? Oh..... en if ya let peeple cum n choot ya binnies ya can get $15,000 pair binnie. I shore as yell wood allow peeple to choot my binnies and make sum monie rather than keel my kneebors end go to some chit whole prizon in South America. I'd bee a binnie guide fo sho.

South America was a typo...but Id have thought you could figure out where it was I was meaning...but then again......

I figured out where you meant. I've had some practice as my five year old gets her continents confused some times as well. Only, she doesn't run around professing how smart she is because she's read a lot of books or watched a lot of cartoons.

Sew know yiv get a POPULATION problem. Whit do ya siggest yo do? Kill eff you kneebors hoe are casing yer yaird to bee smell? member ya wore der first. Or...... keel some cut binnies? Oh..... en if ya let peeple cum n choot ya binnies ya can get $15,000 pair binnie. I shore as yell wood allow peeple to choot my binnies and make sum monie rather than keel my kneebors end go to some chit whole prizon in South America. I'd bee a binnie guide fo sho.

After reading THIS....I dont think you have grounds to call another person a poor speller or poor typist. I think you need to go back to the 5th grade and start over

Only, she doesn't run around professing how smart she is because she's read a lot of books or watched a lot of cartoons.

You have never seen ( or heard) me allude to how smart I might be, act or speak. But I DO know enough about certain animals in Africa to fully understand the ******** spred by a small minority

We have a measure of your importance all right... You, single handedly, are better informed than the combined membership of CITES (which is in itself a pretty radical organization), who have blessed the selective culling of 5 rhino per year in Namibia and South Africa. You ridicule the very people on who's backs the survival of the species is dependent, all the way from the game wardens and trackers to the scientists who have to make the decisions.

What exactly is it that you do for a living in Cleveland ? Its not exactly the conservation center of the universe is it ?

Remind me again why you are a member of this forum ?

You have never seen ( or heard) me allude to how smart I might be, act or speak. But I DO know enough about certain animals in Africa to fully understand the ******** spred by a small minority

After reading THIS....I dont think you have grounds to call another person a poor speller or poor typist. I think you need to go back to the 5th grade and start over

In case you are really that dense..... You proved my point.

Or I'm a poor typer and was hungry as hell. I figured you could read between the lines but maybe not. I feel for ya,

We have a measure of your importance all right... You, single handedly, are better informed than the combined membership of CITES (which is in itself a pretty radical organization), who have blessed the selective culling of 5 rhino per year in Namibia and South Africa. You ridicule the very people on who's backs the survival of the species is dependent, all the way from the game wardens and trackers to the scientists who have to make the decisions.

What exactly is it that you do for a living in Cleveland ? Its not exactly the conservation center of the universe is it ?

Remind me again why you are a member of this forum ?

1) I never said that I was important
2) Never said that I single handedly was better informed than CITIES is
3) The countries of African arent going to miss 5 black rhinos
4)I ridicule certain aspects of African game management because they can stand and pontificate about what needs to be done and what would they be doing if they didnt have their present positions...NOTHING is what.

Its the persons that can spout out "The animals needed killing anyway"..."They are over crowding the land".....and so on

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.