Black bear, fox kits, bison, coyote pups, badger babies, ducks, owls, bighorn ram

Discussion in 'Nature Photography' started by Len Backus, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

I ran up 4,500 "Frequent Driver Miles" in 6 days. Banff first but the season was late so I headed off the next morning to Yellowstone and then on to the Tetons.

Along the way, I hunted coyotes with Big Sky one evening in Montana, visited Aaron Davidson of Huskemaw Optics near Cody and had a Coke with Ernie Bishop in Gillette.

You can see my new pictures here.

It is the Yellowstone, Banff, Tetons album in the lower right corner of the HOME page. If you click on the small photos, a larger version comes up. Then you can just use the right arrow to advance to the next image.

2. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

Len,
    As always I enjoyed the visit-Great Pics!!!

3. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

Impressive Len.

4. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

very nice Len, Neat pics of the coyote moving her pups.

5. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

Very nice Len, Yellowstone is my favorite place to be.
    Did you take anymore pics? ;-)))

6. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

Simply Outstanding.

Southpaw

7. *Prairie Princess*

*Prairie Princess* Well-Known Member

Len,
    Words can't describe the aw and beauty I find in your pictures! Simply stunning!
    I especially like the fox kits. A couple years ago I had the opportunity to crawl up within 20 feet of a couple kits. My pictures aren't near your quality, but they do bring back fond memories. I always enjoy close encounters with nature.

I was not doing very well with my new camera and forgot how bad these were:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I was getting pretty close and this little fella was getting pretty nervous, he started to chew on some grass blades.
    [​IMG]

*prairie Princess*

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Those are sooooo cute!

9. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Great pics Len. The parks are a great place to visit and the camera helps share the memories with others.
    PP
    The fox pups sure do bring back fond (and hard) memories! Many years ago I had a family of fox helping me hay all summer. Watched the pups grow up playing in windrows all four cuttings, sometimes I'd shut off the tractor and just watch them playing and mousing.
    One of the hardest things I've ever done was put a couple out of their misiry. Mange was bad that year and the whole family had it bad by the time we where takeing the corn out.
    Mother nature gives and takes I guess?

10. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Those are very nice pictures. About three years ago I was out in the late season muzzlelaoder hunting a deer and a male fox was courting a small female and he was so intent on the young lady that he nearly tripped over me. She, on the other hand, had seen me at about twenty yards and had stopped. He kept on jumping around and prancing sideways showing off till he was right next to me. They have their little patrolling paths all through the area I hunt.