bipod question?

Casey Napier

Looking to buy a new bipod, I have always used Harris but Sportsmans Guide has the pivoting Shooters Ridge bipods on sale for $49. Midway has the Harris pivoting bipods on sale for $85. What do y'all suggest? I am intersested in the sitting models.

RidgeRooster

Ridge
I've got a Harris and a couple of the knock off $40-$50 types. Never again!! When I buy another bipod it WILL be a Harris.

The voice of experience.

From the package, the Shooter's Ridge looks to be the equal to the Harris. But, once you pull it out of the packaging, the difference becomes apparent. They are not up to the same standard as the Harris.

Get the Harris and don't look back.

Go with the Harris. Spend the extra money for a quality product, it's worth the extra cash.

It is Cheaper to Buy the Best the First time .
$ 80.00 one time for Harris or $40.00 for he cheap kind an then Buy Harris for $80.00. That is $120.00 total the way I add it up .

Just keep your eye out for an good used pair of Harris . on web sit or an Pawn shop.

Redbone

Some folks are hard headed. I have two Harris Swivel type and two cheaper. The cheaper units are junk. I think this is the first time we are unanimous.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.