Bipod for Remington 700 BDL 30-06

jdk81

I have a fairly new Remington 700 BDL calibered in 30-06. I plan on doing long range deer hunting, predator hunting, and ELR target shooting. I have a Leupold 3x9x40 Rifleman scope mounted on the gun. I am looking to get a bipod. I have looked at different bipods and I am leaning towards a Harris. The only problem is that I have no idea what model to get. What size of legs do I need? I am 6'2" and I plan on shooting from prone, and while sitting. I want it to be able to swivel.

Any and ALL help appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

Am I going to be able to get one that will be adjustable enough to shoot prone, and sitting?

Harris or Atlas. Those are about the best 2 brands, IMO.

I have run Harris for years, because Atlas bipods are really expensive, but ultra strong, and worth the money.

I have also been thinking that I would get a 6"-9" permanent mount bipod for bench rest and prone shooting, and use shooting sticks for standing/sitting.

I have also been thinking that I would get a 6"-9" permanent mount bipod for bench rest and prone shooting, and use shooting sticks for standing/sitting.

That's probably the best bet. I have a 12-27 and it is too tall for prone, usually, and too shot for sitting, usually.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.