Binos

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Frank T, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Frank T

Frank T New Member

I'm in the market for a good set of binos in the $1000 range. I looked through set of 10x50 Zeiss Victory Fl's and a set of 10x40 Leica's on the weekend and I liked the Leica's better because they were lighter. Needless to say they were both in the $200 neighborhood. Can anyone help me out?

2. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

Take a look at Meopta. They are a 74 year old company from the Czech Republic but have only been in the US market since 2004. They have a lifetime and transferable warrenty. They private lable for several companies as well as offering their own line of optics, which use their best quality glass.
    Meopta offers the Meostar 10x42 #467780 with their best glass. The Meopta optically outperformes the Swarovski SLC 10x42 from the side by side comparison I made, having better resolution and true color.
    MSRP is $979.00.
    Homepage | Meopta

JD338

3. dewiseman

dewiseman Well-Known Member

Be sure to look at the shephard binos. IMHO they have better resolution than most binos untill you get to those $2k brands and the shephards are under $1k. For me, objects really have that three dimensional appearance with them that helps you pick out that ear or antler from the surrounding branch's.

4. bitterroot bulls

bitterroot bulls Active Member

+1 on the Meopta Meostar 10 X 42. Compare side by side with the $2000 binos you mentioned, in low light, at subjects close and far, and you will not be disappointed.