binocular suggestions

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by hapycapy, Jun 14, 2009.

1. hapycapy

hapycapy Active Member

Can someone suggest 8x42 binos that wont break the bank. Going on an elk mulley hunt in Montana and my budget is running out!

2. gebhardt02

gebhardt02 Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a budget bino, I'd recommend the Leupold wind river series. I have a set of the cascades, 10X, that are actually pretty decent. I believe they make an 8X cascade as well. For the money, I really like em.

Geb

3. hapycapy

hapycapy Active Member

thanks geb!

4. Bill Maylor

Bill Maylor Well-Known Member

Ck out GR8fuldoug at cameralandny.com look for Minox 8 or 10X42 . I just got a pair of 15X58 and their really good. Their are quite a few good posts about Minox on this site. I sure like mine... Bill Maylor.

5. gr8fuldoug

gr8fuldoug Well-Known Member

Both Minox and Vortex offer great options as well as the Pentax 8x43 DCF SP which we are running on special

6. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

I have been using the Leupold and they have worked great with out breaking the bank!

Mike @ CSGW

7. Iowaboy

Iowaboy Well-Known Member

I deffinately recommend the vortex diamondbacks from Cameraland. Worth your time to check them out in person somewhere and then order online cheaper.

8. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

You would like the Leup's, very nice quality for a decent price and the best warrenty in the business. IMOP you can get a better pair of bino's for a cheaper price by going with the Nikon Monarch series. I have compared alot of them and I honestly think that for the same money (or cheaper) you can get a better bino with the Nikon. I carry plenty of the 8x42 or 10x42 and many other variations.

give us a holler if you have a questions or price

have a good un
    steve

9. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

Steve is right Nikon are very nice also. I guess I tend to over look Nikon because I do not care for their rifle scopes that much.

Mike @ CSGW

10. gr8fuldoug

Please remember when ordering from us on line to always mention this forum in the note area.

11. learning

learning Well-Known Member

If your truely going to glass for mule deer regardless of the brand you will be better served by the 10 x. I used to have 8x steiners and they were just not enough to find bedded deer at longer ranges.

12. BH Hunter

BH Hunter Well-Known Member

Doug: Where do the promaster's stack up w/ the three you mentioned?

13. gr8fuldoug

The Promaster Promaster - Camera Land NY Elite ELX ED would be better than a Vortex Viper, Pentax DCF SP or Minox ASPH but not quite as good as a Vortex Razor, Pentax DCF ED or Minox HG