Bighorn through NF 5.5x56 at 1670 yards

I've spent a lot of time out there years ago and the wind can and will blow. There's nothing to stop it out there.;)

Wind and it's effects makes having and using the NP-R2 reticle nice. I've just got to get it sent over and have the NP-R1 put in it.

Elk season starts Saturday and after that I've got 2 weeks of a late buck permit hunt. Then I'll try and get it sent out.

But for now, I can't hunt without my NF.;) It's one of those things I never leave home without.;)

ss7mm,

Do you mind telling us what model video camera that was?

Mine is also NP-R2, how much do I need to change it over to NP-R1 and how long do we wait?

I guess I'm in the question mode. :D ;)

It's a JVC Everio. Small size, 60 gig hard drive, 35x optical Konica/Minolta lens, 800x digital, video and still. I was a little skeptical at first because of the size but it does all I want it to.

Like Ken said, their wait time is about 3-4 weeks and I'm not sure about the price but I think it's around $200.00 plus or minus a little. Don't quote me on the price though.;) Maybe somebody else can tell us the exact cost of the replacement.

I tried to take a photo like this of a huge nontypical mulie the night before the opener. I had left the spotting scope home to save weight. It didn't work. Can someone tell me what is required for this shot to work? Perhaps I didn't try very hard. The photo would have been a gem!

I tried to take a photo like this of a huge nontypical mulie the night before the opener. I had left the spotting scope home to save weight. It didn't work. Can someone tell me what is required for this shot to work? Perhaps I didn't try very hard. The photo would have been a gem!

I have several I have taken through the little sony camera I carry, my spotter and even a few through my rangefinder with the yardage up. The way I do it is look at the image screem moving it ever so slowly till I get a full view. If your camera does not have a screen you may be out of luck but with a image screen and a very steady hand some great pics can be had. I posted a few from my spotter on my thread "My 2008 Montana Elk Hunt" Have a look.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.