Biggest 5x5 Bull ever!

257speed

This has to be the biggest 5x5 bull I have ever seen. We thought he was a 6x6 at first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

th_Picture019.jpg
[/URL][/image]
th_Picture015.jpg
[/URL][/image]

yup that ones a dandy... I have a similar one on video... a hunter from TX actually shot the video with me...

I'll see if I can get the pics off the video.. amazingly similar looking Elk....

A big game biologist once told me that as an antlered animal goes past its prime its total rack dimensions may still increase but the number of points will oftentimes decrease.

The quality of the pic's isnt as good as the video, but this is a very young bull. He will be going up for several more years.

This is one of the many reasons that I love and miss New Mexico so much. I hung around unit 34 for most of my hunting. I saw some absolute monster bulls up there!!!

In 03 there was an archery bull killed that was a 5x5 and scored over 380 pts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Both that one and the one pictured are exceptionally large for 5x5's

I too hunted AZ twice and loved every minute of it. I apply for AZ, NM, NV, UT, and AK every year. I drew a tag in AK this year but always dream about those south west hunts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts