Biggest 5x5 Bull ever!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by 257speed, Jul 30, 2005.

1. 257speed

257speed Well-Known Member

This has to be the biggest 5x5 bull I have ever seen. We thought he was a 6x6 at first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG][/URL][/image] [​IMG][/URL][/image]

2. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Id gladly put him on my wall,looks like he could easily scratch his ass with that rack.I got to go AZ archery elk hunting twice,loved it each time.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

yup that ones a dandy... I have a similar one on video... a hunter from TX actually shot the video with me...

I'll see if I can get the pics off the video.. amazingly similar looking Elk....

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

A big game biologist once told me that as an antlered animal goes past its prime its total rack dimensions may still increase but the number of points will oftentimes decrease.

5. 257speed

The quality of the pic's isnt as good as the video, but this is a very young bull. He will be going up for several more years.

6. Bob S.

Bob S. Well-Known Member

I'd say he's a shooter!

7. sniper2

sniper2 Well-Known Member

Was this Elk photographed in New Mexico? I have seen some really hugh ones killed there...

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Well-Known Member

beautiful bulls! I couldn't find any today when I went looking.

9. 257speed

It was in New Mexico unit 15.

10. curtis

curtis Well-Known Member

This is one of the many reasons that I love and miss New Mexico so much. I hung around unit 34 for most of my hunting. I saw some absolute monster bulls up there!!!

11. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

In 03 there was an archery bull killed that was a 5x5 and scored over 380 pts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Both that one and the one pictured are exceptionally large for 5x5's

I too hunted AZ twice and loved every minute of it. I apply for AZ, NM, NV, UT, and AK every year. I drew a tag in AK this year but always dream about those south west hunts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif