Big Foot Shot in Winona - Where ever that is?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royinidaho, Jan 22, 2007.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Looks like "founder" to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif [​IMG]

The more mature deer behind my place have hooves that are just a little long and the sides fold under as they live their lives on blow sand. Makes a unique track.

2. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Definitely looks like founder, never heard of it in deer, but it makes sense. I wonder how big of a corn crib it was kept in ;-)

don

3. toddconley

toddconley Well-Known Member

You think somebody had that thing put up? If so wonder they didn't let it grow a little more?

4. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Winona is in MN, right across the river from Buffalo Cnty WI. I have seen that on a video of a deer, think it might have been home footage put on a Shockey video about 8 years ago. Jim was narrating, and said it was some hormonal abnormallity that made the hoves grow very rapidly.

5. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i guess instead of the boone and crockett club, that one could be measured for the foot and stompit club!

6. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Here's some more info.

Sunday's edition of the Winona Daily. > >This buck was a truck kill near Alma. DNR said that high >protein,specifically corn was the cause of the abnormal feet. The deer >is currently sitting in the alma bait shop freezer.

7. sniper2

sniper2 Well-Known Member

Corn is 13 percent protein, soybean almost 3x higher in protein don't think corn is the answer...